“Surprise Surprise”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2017

My wife and I went here for dinner tonight and were pleasantly surprised. We initially called to ask if the meet was halal but the guy who answered the phone wasn't sure but he checked with other members of staff and told us it was.
When we got there we were sat in the corner furthest from the staff area. We ordered a chicken chaat for starters, which was nothing like I expected. It was very nice and the chicken was very tender.
For mains we had Sag aloo with chappati and Lamb tikka masala with boiled rice. Both were fantastic though the lamb wasn't cooked enough and was quite chewy.
Service was good and it was reasonably priced.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Amazing grub, great service.
Do the miles, the food is worth it. Full of flavours and very authentic.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Not really hygienic. Indians may not find the food to their taste. The waiters are polite but once they serve you, they are off the radar for good.

In short, good people, good waiters and average food but the place needs some more hygiene. But I guess that's because their focus is more on take away orders and not on In-house dining experience.

Overall - average restaurant, with potential to become better.

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

I live close by to this fine establishment and use this great family run business regularly.
This place cooks great Bangladesh cuisine.
And all the things you would expect.
My favourite is chicken madras pilar rice
fresh nan bread onion bhaji chicken tikka
Mixed grill . To be honest everything I have had here had been fabulous
They don't have a licence for alcohol but you can bring your own.
And yes there is a shabby chic to the decor
But I go there to eat great food not worry about
The decor.
I will say he does cook the madras on the hot side so you should be cautious when ordering
Apart from that I can assure you that you will get consistent food and good size portions.
I cannot recommend them highly enough.

3  Thank Rob P
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Real nice staff, very helpful and great food
Easy access as you can park outside the place. They do a mean chicken korma

1  Thank Robert M