“Look elsewhere”
Review of Steakout

Steakout
Ranked #7 of 233 Restaurants in Slough
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Innovating flavours, precision cuts, pushing boundaries and stretching the limits of those unconditioned taste buds. Re-inventing and revolutionizing steak!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Where do I start? With the positive obviously! The council run car park is literally a 30 second walk away and is very reasonable! I had the Big Ben burger, which was tasty, did need more seasoning but was good!
The ambiance was such a killer, to have an akon album on for music and far too loud, it sucked the life out of the room! Cheap tacky furnishings and the decor in such poor repair. Some staff were nice and helpful but some just walking through, only a few wearing masks.
Food was technically as described but would be surprised if anything was actually prepared freshly. Chips and onion rings tasted as bad as they looked. Steak was sadly, utterly forgettable and the cheesebomb is a pot of melted American plastic cheese.
For all the food in photos to come to £36 is ridiculous considering a) quality of the meat b) nothing actually prepared freshly in house.
Plus being able to hear their microwave bing from the restaurant floor.... not good!
We did want this to be a better review, we wanted it to be a better restaurant but most of the reviews must have been years ago, I see most current ones are very poor like ours.
Please avoid and find anywhere else.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (644)

Reviewed 27 January 2021

I had an absolutely horrible experience at steakout slough, I had ordered a Mac n cheese burger obviously expecting MAC N CHEESE in the burger as said however I was given a mozzarella stick? That’s just a cheese burger to be honest. I also ordered the chicken and cheese balls which were COLD. The chips had either been re heated or re fried as they did not taste fresh. I was absolutely disappointed with the quality of food and then when I called back I was told hi I’m the driver speaking the manager isn’t here I will tell him to call u back.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank Ummsufyaan112
Reviewed 4 January 2021

I feel sick to my stomach, there was a dirty public/beard hair in my burger, it was actually embedded in the burger meat meaning all the burger meat is contaminated with someone’s dirty hair I feel sick it was black and curly, also I paid for extras for chicken rashers and gherkins, they forgot, burger was very dry and wings were awful, chicken cheese ball was disgusting and bland and the bbq chciken thighs was horrendous jus some slimy chciken covered in bbq sauce I can’t believe my whole order cost 40£ also the dirty fries was ‘“loaded” with dry crumbled burger meat and was soooo tiny, they deffo got the wings from chicken delete next door and covered it with some Poundland btec sauce, I am actually crying I’m sorry I’m shedding tears cos I want to throw up so bad and I feel sick doing this to myself, u disgusting shop, close down already u pubic littering mf’s.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank nilimab2021
Reviewed 10 October 2020

We walked in and we were immediately struck by a shocking smell, very much like BO. Our waiter was a little slow, not great but it is something we could deal with. We then looked at the menu and realised they didn’t serve alcohol and that was the final straw. We left without ordering

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank Cairnspetdetective
Reviewed 25 September 2020

When we arrived the staff wernt very welcoming at all. They had the waitresses doing practical hands on stuff on the floor where we all eating. We waiting 25 minutes for our cokes which we had to remind them. They weren’t busy so there’s no exuse. Our mains came very very over prices the fillet steak was rank it was chewy and looked like it was all glued together the taste was disgusting . We had ordered chips wuth our steak the steak came alone and waited about 20 mins whilst nearly finishing our steak we had to remind them where is our chips ? The macaroni cheese was horrible and watery really not nice. The only decent thing was the drink. And not to forget the chicken strips were not nice awful texture, mozrella diopers not great. Waited 20 mins for the bill. Waitress didn’t care about the customers we always had to chase them up. The staff to busy on there phones. Also no social distancing maintained in there and staff constant pulling down there masks.awful waste of petrol. A shame we had to pay for it

Date of visit: September 2020