Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel
US$79
US$76
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

Hare and Hounds Hotel(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$84
Priceline
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Newbury Tot Hill(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$41
Travelodge
US$41
Travelodge
US$285
US$271
Relais & Châteaux
All reviewsprivilege roomorangery restaurantcountry housefriends weddinglovely groundsbreakfast was buffet stylelovely hotelevening meallounge arealovely roomstayed for two nightsone night stayenjoyable stayrelaxing breakfood was lovelyold buildinghighclere castle
Reviewed 23 June 2015

Stayed here twice in 2 weeks once in the "mews" (old stables) which was like a 1970's B&B and once in the main building, the room was o.k but again the bathroom was very very tired. I ate in the restaurant it amazes me that a"chef" can't cook a steak correctly without over cooking it even though I stressed to the waitress I wanted it medium rare. To add insult to injury the steak came out on a dirty bit of wood which would be impossible to clean properly when you consider how much blood has soaked into over the years( if you were lucky enough to have your steak cooked as you want it). When will these places realise that food on wood boards is not trendy anymore,GIVE ME A NICE PLATE PLEASE. Also the manager was very rude to a colleague when he checked in, I will not be staying here again which is a pity as it is a nice building in a beautiful setting

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Mehmet K, General Manager at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review Elcot Park, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Mercure Elcot Park is described by many guests as Elegant Country House Hotel with attentive staff. I am not sure if it has ever been described as 70s' but there is always a first time.

I am sorry your were not happy with the the way your steak was cooked and presented. The current menu including the presentation board was launched a month or so ago which is very well perceived by vast majority of our guests. I have carefully noted your comments and will discuss them with my Head Chef.

Reviewed 23 June 2015

Beautiful surroundings, great food and lovely staff. Attended a friends wedding in May. As we travelled from Glasgow we made a long weekend of it. Were given a huge room bigger than my lounge and dinning room combined. Children love the space. Lovely ground with kids entertainment and lots of space to run about. Wedding meal was delicious and staff very attentive.
Lounge was verya attractive and comfortable. Breakfast was Buffett all you can eat, beautifully laid out every morning and tasted delicious. Great 3 days break with the family.
We paid £95 inclusive of buffet breakfast for 4 U.S. Great value

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Mehmet K, General Manager at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2015

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am really delighted with your review and thank you for your kind comments. It is very pleasing to hear that you had a great time with your family at friend's wedding. Elcot is most certainly one of the most beautiful wedding venues in West Berkshire that does weddings elegantly.

For your next stay please drop me a note in advance so that I am able to ensure a large room is allocated to your family again.

Reviewed 21 June 2015

The hotel is nice enough..the grounds seem well kept and it there's definitely an equestrian theme which is well thought out.
I was however very disappointed to be given no Accor Gold benefits - the room upgrade I understand is subject to availability so I can forgive that not being offered even though the hotel on a Sunday night was quiet.
I then asked about a drink voucher that I normally get automatically to which I was told "I don't normally cover reception" but he did find one. But it was rejected flat out by the barman who seemed very vacant and frankly couldn't be bothered. Apparently the wine I had was too large - so if you do get a drink voucher due to your status (and spend!) with Accor, don't ask them for a large wine at this hotel! I haven't ever experienced this problem in any other Accor hotel though of course you periodically come across grumpy staff.
So, will I return to this hotel? No, because of the barman's attitude..which is the hotel's loss as I spend a fortune with Accor every year. And all over the sake of a drink voucher.
ps the drink voucher itself does not specify that you cannot have a large wine.
At the Sofitel at Heathrow T5 they accept them for cocktails.

Room Tip: Don't expect any loyalty benefits
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review.

As you are aware room upgrade is subject to availability. The hotel hosted a large event on Sunday and regrettably my team were not in a position to offer you a a complimentary upgrade.

From numerous reviews on this site as well as feedback I receive on daily basis, It’s rather unusual for a member of my team to be described as "Hostile" however, your comments are carefully noted and will be addressed appropriately.

All qualifying Le Club members receive a complimentary standard drink, which I believe is what you were served. I shall certainly investigate this further to ensure the process is more transparent.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and do hope this unfortunate incident will not deter you from staying at Elcot Park.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 June 2015

I recently visited Mercure Elcot Park for a family dinner. Upon arrival we were greeted by a charming man named Deon who was the Front of House Manager. We then moved through to the bar where we had a drink before we were seated in the restaurant. The bar service was fast and efficient and the staff were very friendly. We were seated in the restaurant by Jenny who then took care of us for the rest of the evening, she was very polite and professional. We each ordered something different from the menu and each meal was equally as delicious as the next. The food and service were of a very high standard and we will certainly be returning and recommending this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Rosie654321
Mehmet K, General Manager at Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2015

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear you had a good stay and were looked after well by Deon and Jenny. I shall certainly thank them both for providing a great Customer Care. I will share your comments with the rest of my team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

This hotel is in a lovely setting upon arrival I managed to checking quickly and was told where my room was located
The room was pretty standard facilities however it was very warm and the windows didn't open much, The decoration was quite tired and the paper was peeling from the ceiling.
However everything worked and it was clean. Dinner was the food was okay nothing special at all the bar area has an unusual selection of chairs and a little odd
Breakfast was fine not a huge selection but was acceptable
Overall this is a hotel is fine for a one night business trip however it could do with some improvement in the decoration department and some of the staff need to be a little more customer focused

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank martin l

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not fully meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I have carefully noted your constructive comments.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I shall certainly investigate your comments further and act accordingly.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.