“Excellent service-shame about the small Colombian…”
Review of The Rusty Bull

The Rusty Bull
Ranked #108 of 484 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Met with friends for brunch, and had an excellent experience, water melon lemonade was glorious, gourmet brisket and blue cheese sandwich was very tasty, chips were red hot and crispy. The waiter was a very personable young man, who managed to deal extremely well with a party of ladies ‘ of a certain age’( one of whom was very disappointed when a small Colombian turned out to be a coffee…) we will certainly be back
(Special mention for Jack S….)

1  Thank jan b
The Rusty Bull, General Manager at The Rusty Bull, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Jan,

We are so pleased you gave us the time to write a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your meal with us yesterday, and I have passed on your lovely review to the team!

Write a reviewReviews (84)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Such a lovely place with amazing views! The service was excellent and Jack S was really helpful. Thank
you so much, will 100% be coming back ☺️

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank charlottexhughes

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review about your meal yesterday. I have passed Jack S on your kind words and he has said it was a pleasure to serve you all!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Been to The Rusty Bull several times and always a good experience. We are always greated with a smile, and all Covid procedures are followed by the book. The staff are all friendly and attentive, and the quality of food is Incredible.

On our most recent visit the Bruschetta starter and Charlie burger were our favourites, and sticky toffee pudding for afters. Excellent coffee too.

The heated marquee area kept us nice and toasty, and we loved the view of castle hill.

Thanks to all the team

1  Thank FoodieOfYorkshire1
The Rusty Bull, Marketing at The Rusty Bull, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi FoodieOfYorkshire1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We love to see great feedback and are so glad you enjoy your time dining with us.

I will pass your feedback to the rest of the team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I came to the Rusty Bull as one of a group of 8. I'd already looked at the menu online and seen that all the vegetarian food options were expensive (over £10), and had decided on the burger.

My burger was a chickpea and (apparently) courgette (but there didn't seem to be any in this burger. Perhaps this could have added some much-needed moisture?) patty with a tomato salsa. It sounded potentially tasty but in truth it was just-ok. It was dry, the 'salsa' was essentially a chopped-up, relatively tasteless tomato (there seem to be full-flavoured tomatoes and watery, flavourless ones. This one was the latter, and the 'salsa' it was used to make didn't contain enough flavour to make up for that). and the whole burger was on the small side.

I'd have been happy with the burger if it had cost £8, but for £12 I would really expect a big, juicy, tasty burger. I personally wouldn't recommend any vegetarian friends to come here, which is a shame. The place looks nice, so the cynical pricing of my vegetarian dish and its underwhelming flavour and size was a real let-down.

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with us and that you did not enjoy your Chickpea and Courguette burger. The Chickpea & Courguette burger has recently been added to our food menu only earlier this week, so we are pleased to receive some feedback while it is fresh on the menu so we can adapt it where possible. The courguette in the burger is in the form of Courgetti, which could be why you didn't see it, but can assure you it was in there.

We do have a lot of other vegetarian dishes on the menu such as a selection of classic sandwiches, Soup, Bruschetta which are more lower end options. As well as higher priced options such as the Burger and our new Halloumi salad, to ensure we can cater for everyone.

We and the 1000's of guest we serve every month are happy with our prices but we completely understand that our offer and prices are not for everyone. Our full menu is available online to view before dining, and our prices reflect the high quality produce that we use on all items on the menu.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was very satisfied with my experience at the Rusty Bull. The Bacon sandwich was on the pricer end, but very tasty. My server Jack S was able to cater to my unique requests regarding milk. Would Recommend.

Date of visit: June 2021
3  Thank Bonolo G

Hi Bonolo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I will pass on your feedback to Jack S who I'm sure will be thrilled.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you in the future