“I’d love to give it another go at some stage. I will give it another go one day as there seem to be so many other people”
Review of Erics

Erics
Ranked #22 of 484 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My experience wasn’t great . Sorry. Food over all wasn’t great. I really wanted it to be. I will give it another go one day soon

1  Thank Jennifer Sue H
Write a reviewReviews (2,219)

Reviewed 30 June 2021 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal on Sunday food was amazing and plenty of it beautiful restaurant and very well trained staff who are friendly and polite

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 29 June 2021 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our Sunday lunch at Eric’s at the weekend. Thought the value for money was amazing. All 4 of our party enjoyed our meals. Staff all wore masks, and even though you are close to other patrons when walking through the restaurant, as long as people wear masks we felt perfectly safe. Will look forward to visiting again soon

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 27 June 2021

I’ll start with a positive … the scallop starter was incredible and the sharing platter of three deserts was a real treat. So that’s what the three stars are!

But I’m afraid it stops there.

We were crammed into the upstairs area that could have definitely used one less table. A woman’s hair was almost on my side of the table and had she moved an inch back, likely would have been in my food. There were no windows, poor ventilation (you could see a lot were uncomfortable with the temperature) and we felt like we were sat on top of each other.

The team serving meals and drinks had to lean over me to reach my partner as there was no room for them to move around a table - the top fine dining no-no!

They were either early or no where to be found if we were ready to order and despite us asking for our melting dessert platter to be removed when it was leaking if table, they only returned with a bit of blue roll and we had to call her back and ask her to take it away - then my partner cleaned the table himself to avoid drips on his clothes.

It’s a shame as you can see the potential and we were SO excited to try it as we live just a short walk away. Afraid it has a long way too go to call itself a fine dining experience and assume maybe the bar is being set a little low given the village location. We’re foodies and always happy to pay for quality but this felt like poor value due to the service.

For indulgence I’d rather the Manor House and for atmosphere and service Da’Sandro is miles ahead (and with better seafood mains).

2  Thank LokiJessie
Reviewed 24 June 2021

We enjoyed an excellent three course Father's Day Sunday Lunch. We had scallops for our starter which were very good. For our main course we both had the beef cooked pink, roast potatoes, vegetables and a giant Yorkshire Pudding. The beef was excellent quality cooked to perfection. We the had great puddings and coffee. The service was up to their usual high standards.