The Jug and Glass Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Biggin Hall Country House Hotel(Biggin-by-Hartington)
  • Restaurant
Bagshaw Hall(Bakewell)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsthe pubpeak districtb bwarm welcomemain roadwalking weekendtissington trailfor sunday lunchbreakfast and evening mealhearty breakfastreal alecomfortable roomslovely roomwi fia wonderful staygreat weekendcouple of nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Me my daughter and 2 of my friends decided to stop her for some food and a drink on our way back to Buxton.. the staff were friendly and nice and we were seated and we were served pretty quickly... my friend had the soup of the day which he found to be quite bland myself had the prawns cocktail which was delicious and my other friend had the garlic onions which arrived on an a hot plate.. the mushrooms were basically swimming in lazy garlic and oil and vinegar so much so that my friends was unable to eat it as it was just to oily and too strong with garlic.. usually garlic mushrooms are fried in cream with a drop of garlic which is way my friend ordered them... might be worth giving it a go??? Also my little girl had had sausage mash and peas... was surprised to see smash on her plate when it states ( homes made food) on r mains we had homemade chip which is they hadn't have been so greasy would have been lovely... it's a great little pub and reasonable prices but the food did let it down...

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank derbyshirebird
Reviewed 24 April 2016

Used the Jug and Glass a few times now and always receive a warm welcome in a cosy pub/BB very laid back and comfortable will return again, great spot for cycling and sight seeing.
My wife and friends had a great few days using as a stop over on the way to Wales

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank alancook12
Reviewed 23 April 2016

A traditional B&B pub. Friendly staff, lovely rooms, in wonderful countryside. The food is outstanding & reasonably priced. Could not have asked for anything better. We would definitely recommend this gem

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2016

The food here is absolutely lovely and plenty of it, I'd give it 10/10 (to the chef) . But the vinegar pots have cracks in them, chairs very dusty, seating with masking tape over the upholstery and on planks of wood to make them higher, plus toilets could do with regular checks to keep them spotless. I have been a few time and look to see if any improvements have been made but none as yet all things that would not cost much but make the place look more welcoming.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Janette F, Owner at The Jug and Glass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Thank you for your lovely comments about our food. There are plans to do various upgrades including improvements to the items you have drawn attention to. I hope when you visit again these will be complete.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

We spent a couple of nights here and had a lovely time and used it as a base to visit nearby Chatsworth House and Bakewell (about 30 mins away). Apart from a few cobwebs the room was clean and well presented with modern furniture. My husband is 6' 4" and the bed was a little on the small side for him but was comfy. Wifi is only available in the bar which was a shame as the signal was non-existent for me but it depends if that's important to you. The food was delicious, I am a vegetarian and was well catered for - the veg curry was top notch and the veggie sausage breakfast was yum. Frank and Janette were great hosts and gave a very warm welcome.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple