“Plenty of veggie and vegan options.”

The Hydro Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 117 Restaurants in Buxton
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Cuisines: Indian, British, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Hydro Cafe & Restaurant is a 1950's & 60's themed Diner that provides delicious homemade food. Service is 5 * and we are family friendly. Come in and soak up the nostalgia. From Full English Breakfasts to Delicious desserts we have something for everyone. Also, we are the only Cafe / Restaurant to offer a wide range of Gluten Free & Vegan Foods.
Reviewed 27 April 2017

A quirky establishment that offers something for everyone with a variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options. Staff were friendly enough and the service was good. My partner really enjoyed her veggie meal and I ordered the vegan curry, which was nice but I have to say tasted exactly like the vegan curry that Wetherspoons offer, which was a tad disappointing as I've had that numerous times, so I wished I'd ordered something else. I also had a dessert, opting for the vegan sundae. When it arrived, it was not what I was expecting. I thought it'd come in a tall glass but it was in a small glass and didn't look like a sundae at all. It consisted of ice cream, crumbled cookies, and fruit salad. It maybe shouldn't work but it kind of did, and I really did enjoy this little oddity. As stated, I wished I'd ordered a different main meal but that can't be helped, and on the whole the food was very good.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped for a breakfast on our visit to Buxton. Nice friendly staff.
Husband had the full English which was a huge plateful with doorstep toast, I had poached eggs on toast with tea.
All the food was cooked fresh and lovely and hot.
The rest of the menu looked nice too.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

We went for lunch one day- my partner had a burger and I had the vegan chilli and jacket potato. It was really tasty and came with a big side salad. There was plenty of choice for vegetarians and even vegans on the menu. The staff were all friendly and polite and we didn't have to wait long at all to be served. The place was quite quirky and had a nice atmospheres. Would go again if we were in the area.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

We had dinner and breakfast here as my daughter has a gluten intolerance. The menu is quite wide and there were lots of good gluten free options including a GF cooked breakfast.
Service was ok and the interior decor and layout is a bit quirky but a good central spot . Vegan options also on the menu .

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We chose this cafe/restaurant as it already looked busy, which we thought was a good sign that it must be good. And we weren't​ disappointed. The menu was varied, & a good choice for vegetarians & vegans. Service was spot on, & although you have about 20 minute wait for food, it is cooked from fresh.