“Fab fajitas!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Visited here after a long day of walking, in between catching trains. The prawn fajitas were incredible! Best Mexican food I've had in a long time, its number one rating on trip advisor is well deserved.

1  Thank scousemermaidia
Beccy E, Public Relations Manager at The Lone Star Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thank you for your lovely review.
The Peak District and Buxton especially, are fabulous for long, idyllic walks so next time you head over this way, pop in and see us again ⭐️

Reviewed 7 April 2017

As fans of Tex Mex food we were pleased to find the Lone Star.
First impressions were good with a friendly welcome and bright colourful decor.
The drinks and starters were excellent.
Unfortunately we were badly let down by the main course.
The pork ribs I ordered came up in a cast iron sizzler dish covered in a bar-b-q sauce.
Unfortunately they were inedible, being mainly comprised of bone and gristle and having been cooked to within and inch of destruction. The hot dish had reduced the sauce to a glutinous sticky mess. I could not eat them.
My partners rib-eye steak was very scrappy and a professional kitchen should not have served it.
I complained about the ribs and the waitress did not hesitate in taking the cost of them off the bill. Whilst I appreciated that, the point of eating out is to enjoy the food not to have to leave it and get a refund.
It is a shame you only get to see the frontline staff in these situations as it was the kitchen that was responsible for the poorly prepared food and the disappointing end to the evening.

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry that you were not happy with the meals that you were served.
Since your visit, we have opted to change to a new butcher for our meat and I can sure you that if you came again, they would be much better.
Please reconsider visiting us again soon.
Regards
Beccy E.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to the restaurant.
Staff always friendly.
Huge portions, especially the burrito and pizzas (even the kids' pizza were big).
Ribeye steak and peppercorns sauce were one of the best I've had.
Unfortunately too full to try the desserts!
Definitely worth a visit.

Hey there!
Thank you for your review.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and we hope that you come again soon ⭐️

Reviewed 6 April 2017

I adore this lace! every birthday meal for the last 5 years has been here even through we are 1 hour away from buxton. The food is always perfection the staff are always so lovely. It is my favourite place to eat and I almost look forward to being a year older just so I can dine at this beautiful place,

Yeay!!!!! What a great review
Thank yo so much for choosing us as your go to choice to celebrate your big day!
Make sure you tell us next time you book for your birthday so that we can pop a candle in your pudding

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Not been before it was my birthday and we were passing on our way home.
Completely took us by surprise.
All had different meals the portions were frightening.
Cooked to perfection tasty we loved every last mouthful.
Will go again when back in Buxton.

Thank you for your lovely review of our restaurant.
We are pleased that you had a great meal and that it was a great way to spend your birthday!
We look forward to seeing you again soon ⭐️