“Absolute gem of a place ”
Review of Devonshire Spa

Devonshire Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Buxton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were in the area staying at a nearby hotel. We checked out the hotel spa and there was no way we were setting foot in it!! Rather disappointed, we set about trying to salvage our day (a child free break is rare for us so we wanted to make the most of it). My husband called this place and they fit us in for a back massage at very short notice, which included a couple of hours use of of the facilities. The staff greeted us on arrival, showed us to the changing rooms and then gave us a tour of the place, absolutely faultless and professional, yet extremely friendly and relaxed. The pool and steam/sauna areas are spotlessly clean and well presented, with a selection of magazines in plastic covers available to read whilst relaxing. And next the massages.....wow. Just wow. How anyone can pick fault with this place or the service they offer is beyond me. Good spacious changing and showering facilities for guests are there too which is an important feature a lot of places do not appreciate. I purchased a product upon leaving, and when I returned home noticed there was an issue with it. Emailed the spa and true to form my husband received a phone call less than 24 hours later, offering an apology and a resolution. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for the staff here and we will 100% be returning when we are back in Buxton for our next walk. Thank you so much for a lovely day!!

Date of experience: March 2018
Vicky C, Manager at Devonshire Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Louise,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us so much and hope to see you again in the future.

Vicky Craig

in 22 reviews
"faultless"
"dome"

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying i had a fantastic deep tissue massage here. That being said the spa facilities themselves were average. It was also fairly expensive, particularly given how small the spa facilities were.

Date of experience: February 2018
Vicky C, Manager at Devonshire Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Good evening Rubitooz,

Firstly, thank you for your feedback, it is always appreciated. I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your massage.
I am, however, sorry to hear that you weren't entirely satisfied. We have recently had a minor refurbishment, with a new sauna, steam room, a newly lined pool and a few other minor enhancements. Due to the fact that the spa is based within a listed building, we are limited to extending the spa, but try to make use of the space we have, and feel that we offer a broad variety of facilities. We try to keep our prices reflective of the offering, factoring in our product brands and facilities and also include complimentary facility use within the price of the treatment. We also offer seasonal promotions throughout the year.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact myself or one of my colleagues.

Vicky Craig
Spa Manager

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

I had only massage as I need my back sorting due to pain
My therapist was a lovely lady called Ashlea I asked for firm pressure and I defo got that my back feels great.
Defo go again but next time use the spa
The staff are very friendly and the relaxation room is amazing to chill before and after my treatment
One very happy guest

Date of experience: February 2018
Vicky C, General Manager at Devonshire Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Dear Sarah,

Thanks for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience and are feeling the benefits of the massage. We look forward to seeing you again and hope you will be using the spa next time, you'll love it.

Vicky

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Attended on my birthday with my wife. She booked me a nice massage and enjoyable day.

Unfortunately when she had a treatment she left a necklace in the gown pocket .

When she contacted the reception they were not interested in locating the necklace and stated that the gowns get sent off for cleaning.

They didn’t reply to calls and had be called on several occasions. When they did call back they said it could not be found !

A bad feeling left after a nice day , no after care or interest. Maybe a customer service course would be beneficial .

Dear Pat,

I'm terribly sorry to hear that both you and your wife we're dissatisfied following your spa visit.

I can assure you that when I took your wife's phone call initially, I explained that we would do everything we could to try and locate the necklace, as the robe may have already been collected for cleaning. We use an external company to launder the robes and on further investigation of the matter, discovered the robe had in fact been already been collected. I phoned the company to see if the necklace had turned up, to which they responded that it hadn't, as far as they we're aware but would look into it. I then phoned your wife and left a voicemail to update her on the situation. Following this, my colleague had further correspondence to explain that the laundry company also had not been able to locate the necklace and that we we're regretful to say we could do no more other than to keep looking for it and inform her if found.

I appreciate that it must be very upsetting to misplace such a valued item, but can reassure you that we have done everything in our power to try and locate it.

Kind Regards Vicky

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

My back massage was amazing... the spa environment is lovely and the perfect way to relax with friends after a busy week.
The front of house however was frosty and snobbish. Not the warm welcome I was expecting for the environment, she seemed to be looking down her nose at us? Have contacted the management with my feedback, and waiting on a response. Would like to go back if greeted better and made to feel more welcome!

Date of experience: October 2017
DevonshireSpaManager, Manager at Devonshire Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate all feedback as it allows us to continually improve our services. We apologise that this was how you felt and from our previous conversation we can assure you it has been addressed. Please do contact the spa directly so we can ensure we have the correct details for you.

Best Wishes