“The worst visit I have had in Loungers restuarant”
Review of Pinto Lounge

Pinto Lounge
Ranked #27 of 212 Restaurants in Banbury
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pinto Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe lounge that's open 9am till 11pm everyday. Where families, friends, and locals can enjoy coffee, cocktails and loads in between! A nice big breakfast, something light to eat at lunch time and some tasty tapas in the evening. All in the relaxed comfortable environment of a lounge. We have a heated courtyard and well behaved children and dogs are welcome too!
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

I have had many a meal in Loungers restaurants over the past 5 years. From Banbury to Bristol, Portishead, Brighton and Reading to name a few. In fact I had breakfast in my local North St, Bristol restaurant this last Saturday and it was perfect.

So it pains me to have to write a scolding review of today's lunch in Banbury that was supposed to be a nice catch up with my mum.

The steak sandwich (£7.95) shown above was mediocre. Not least due to the lean portion of meat inside the ciabata. In fact lean is too generous a term for it; it was offensively low on filling. Additionally the same applied to the Fish Finger sandwich at (£7.50)or thereabouts)) whereby a sliver and a half of fish finger was present in an over enthusiastic portion of bread and lettuce.

Now I accept that portion sizes are controlled and I have without doubt seen the portion sizes reduce drastically within Loungers establishments over the past 5 years.

"But guys... Sorry to say it but this situation was 'taking the proverbial pi**!'"

It is also worth noting that the front of house staff were visibly having a hard time. The restaurant was exceptionally busy and there were just 2 people to serve, take orders and clear up. The poor buggers looked like they were drowning. In the 5 or so years that I have used this particular restaurant it is the worst I have experienced. And I don't say this lightly.

It might be worth giving this place a little attention and TLC.

It feels like it's going down hill.

1  Thank Marvin T
PintoLounge, FOH Supervisor at Pinto Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Dear Marvin T,

We truly appreciate your feedback and I cannot apologize enough for what must have been such a disappointing experience for you and your mother.

Of course we do have to keep our portion sizes controlled but, looking at your pictures, this is not what you should have been presented with. The kitchen have been informed of this and they will not be making this mistake again in the future.

It's also disappointing to hear you didn't feel any magic from our staff the day you visited. We hire our staff for their skill, personality and their ability to make customers feel welcome and well looked after, and it's saddening to know you did not feel as such.

As one of our valued customers, I urge you to contact us on pinto@thelounges.co.uk, in hopes that we can resolve this issue further and make you and your mother feel welcome and excited to visit us again.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch where we can settle this issue.

All the best,

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I can only say that it was the most unwelcomed my friends and I have ever been. Went there last night for a few drinks after dinner and the girl at the bar was apparently in some sort of bad mood as you could tell she couldn't be bothered to be there. We bought two rounds of drinks amd the last round was sold to us at 10:55 to then be told by one of the girls to drink up because we're closed. Surely you shouldn't serve drinks and then expect paying customers to down the drinks because you're closed. Don't sell the drinks or at least ring for last rounds. Absolutely terrible experience which is a shame as I have always liked the place.
Will not return and perhaps hire polite staff as she was bloody rude.

PintoLounge, FOH Supervisor at Pinto Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Hi Desiree P,

I am truly sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your visit on Saturday evening. It's our mission to hire every member of staff based on their welcoming nature and hospitable personality so it's truly disappointing to hear you felt let down on this occasion and this situation will certainly be investigated.

In the meantime, if you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to email us at pinto@thelounges.co.uk where hopefully we can resolve this issue and make you feel welcome again.

All the best,

Reviewed 12 March 2017

The staff are very friendly. You never feel pressured to hurry your drink or meal. If you are looking for a light meal at a reasonable cost with a nice pleasant atmosphere this is ideal. If you go in on your own though and get a seat you then have to leave your stuff on the chair whilst you go to place your order. But that's the same with a lot of places

Hi David B,

What a lovely review! We're so glad you find us a relaxing place to be - we do aim to make all of our customers feel like they're in their own lounge, just kicking back with a coffee or some food.

We're looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

We wanted a quick meal after going to the cinema.
Warm atmosphere, very hospitable staff.

Very good burger and all day breakfast, just hit the spot.

Have often visited at lunch time, even better in the evening.

PintoLounge, FOH Supervisor at Pinto Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Hi Jane J,

Thank you for such a lovely review. Glad you were able to make the most of us in the evening - particularly our all day brunch!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Visited as part of a group for breakfast. My Eggs Benedict was fine and tasty. However several people in the group experienced issues.

All were ordered at the same time and two peoples food came out almost half an hour after the others. One had hash browns that were still partly frozen in the middle, which is unacceptable. When the waiter was told he offered to replace them, but it was declined due to the long wait experienced prior and the fact the rest of the food would then have been cold.

Have eaten here before and it's always been quite nice, so was very disappointed.

PintoLounge, FOH Supervisor at Pinto Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Hi James C,

I cannot apologise enough to your party for the inadequate food you received. As you've said, our food is usually very nice and on this occasion I'm very disappointed to hear you were let down. As you ordered together you're quite right that you shouldn't have waited so long, and having partially frozen food is unacceptable - this is something which I will discuss with our Head Chef as we don't want this happening again.

If you would like to discuss this issue further, we would be more than happy for you to email us at pinto@thelounges.co.uk where we can hopefully together get to the bottom of this issue with you.

In the meantime we hope that this hasn't put you off visiting us as our FOH and BOH staff always try their best to make everyone's experience a positive one.

I hope we will see you again soon.