“Different to most places”
Review of Pinto Lounge

Pinto Lounge
Ranked #30 of 204 Restaurants in Banbury
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pinto Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe lounge that's open 9am till 11pm everyday. Where families, friends, and locals can enjoy coffee, cocktails and loads in between! A nice big breakfast, something light to eat at lunch time and some tasty tapas in the evening. All in the relaxed comfortable environment of a lounge. We have a heated courtyard and well behaved children and dogs are welcome too!
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I was recommended this place by a friend, it is certainly a different type of restaurant. There is a very extensive menu and a good selection of vegetarian meals. The background music was not really my cup of tea but it wasn't too loud,
A modern place with very good service. I am not sure I approve of dogs being welcome in an eating place but the one that was there at the same time as me was well behaved.
The food was good even though my first choice was "off" the place is nice so I would go back

PintoLounge, Manager at Pinto Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Hi Val W,

Thank you for taking the time to review Pinto Lounge. I'm very sorry to hear your first choice was not available.

Regarding dogs, we do have a canine code that dogs (and their owners!) must be on best behaviour. I'm glad you didn't find the dog too intrusive.

Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Really great service, atmosphere and food! I had the veggie breakfast which was lovely. I also had a virgin mojito which was really good. Food is reasonably priced too. I will definitely be checking out more of the lounges that are around.

Hi Sarah L,

Thank you for your review! So happy you had a good time here at Pinto, and yes, check out the other Lounges....hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in here for lunch on a flying visit through Banbury. The first thing to say is that this was a busy bank holiday weekend and the staff we very friendly and cheerful despite being run off their feet. This is a large cafe and the decor is shabby (even a bit grubby so don't look too closely). There is an extensive menu, and we chose a variety of sandwiches in our group which were all average. Lots of people seemed to be tucking into burgers and chips so perhaps we chose badly. Not sure what other options are available locally - this is OK not the best or the worst.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Lunch today with my daughter ... inside of the cafe was dark and gloomy . I had the soup and half a panini combo . Panini was nice enough but the soup both looked and tasted vile . Our strawberry milkshakes weren't really shakes , just watery slightly strawberry milk with lumps of ice . The girl serving was too busy talking to a colleague to care .
This dismal meal cost over £18 .

PintoLounge, Manager at Pinto Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hi Charlotte B,

I'm terribly sorry you had such a bad time here at Pinto. Would you be able to email me at pinto@thelounges.co.uk or call on 01295 so we can discuss in further detail?

Many thanks

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I had the Lounge all day breakfast, it was excellent, not a spot of grease in sight, beautifully cooked. However the place on a bright day was dark and dingy, with ceiling lights on, making little difference. The old paintings and mirrors on the walls do nothing to brighten the experience. My four stars would have been five had the atmosphere been better, as the food could not be bettered. The service was also efficient and very friendly.

PintoLounge, General Manager at Pinto Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hi AndrewAndDenise

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Pinto.

So glad you had a lovely meal and the service was great. Re decor, unfortunately that is as bright as the lights go! I will forward on to my area manager - thank you!