“Dinner”

Ranked #151 of 217 Restaurants in Banbury
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Popped in for dinner- remember this from years ago and had good memories, read the reviews but thought we would try it to remember the old days...

The Good...

- Parking is easy, massive car park that is free
- Good selection of beers and wine
- free Wifi

Not so good...

- Service; felt like I was an inconvenience to the staff. Food took approx 15min to arrive.

- The scampi and chips was a very poor portions in the parcels, not good value and rather bland.
- The hunters chicken- looked and tasted like a TV dinner (The chicken was very dry).

It’s a shame really - I hope we came on an off night but reading the reviews I feel it’s not an uncommon experience these days...

I’d recommend going to spend time with friends watching a game over a few beers and a bowl of chips.

Service Efficiency. 3/5
Atmosphere/Ambiance. 3/5
Quality of Coffee. 3/5
Range of Wine/Beer. 4/5
Quality of Food. 2/5

Price Range (Low, Medium, High): Low/Mid
Dress Code (Casual, Smart Casual, Formal): Casual
Can you book a table if required: Yes
Free Wi-Fi?: Yes
Do they accept AMEX/Diners Club Cards?: Yes

Value for money. 3/5
Availability of Restrooms. 5/5
Parking Availability. 5/5

Total 28/40

2  Thank SteveS7016
General Manager A, Manager at The Easington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Great food, there was a short delay in receiving it but it was worth the wait. Disappointing to run out of ice but it had been a hot bank holiday weekend.

1  Thank jasonsT978RF
General Manager A, Manager at The Easington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We have visited the Easington pub four times over the last couple of months. As it's the closest pub to our place we feel we should support it. However on a Friday night there are only two staff at the bar taking food orders as well as drinks and the line can be out the door. Tonight at least 4 couples walked away. Do the staff have others they can call on or do the have to cope. It's no wonder they aren't smiling. Some food has been good and other not so. We sat out side and it was quite pleasant.

2  Thank JocelynW314
General Manager A, Manager at The Easington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Jocelyn W, we take all feedback seriously and we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us. We are currently recruiting for staff for our busy periods, I appreciate your frustration. Thank you again for leaving us this response. We are always looking for ways to improve.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Came to the easington today with my friend, as soon as we walked in and ordered food lady behind the bar was rude about the table number as we hadn't picked one ( don't normally come in here so we wasn't to know). This instantly got my back up. Food came and I received a burnt burger and a burnt bun with chips... and nothing else no salad or anything. I was completely shocked at the price For what I had received. Definitely will not be returning.

5  Thank lillierose84
General Manager A, Manager at The Easington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Lillierose84, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. All of our burgers should be sent out with salad in and relish on the side. We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I have tried this pub before and found that with food it is very hit and miss but decided to try again to see if things had improved, unfortunately it had not if anything it was the worst experience I went for Sunday dinner and ordered food for 5 people 3 Sunday Roasts and 2 Vegan meals of lentil and sweet potato cottage pie as vegan / Vegetarian options were limited. We waited 45 minutes for our food. The vegan meals came topped with Yorkshire puddings explained to the waiter that vegans cannot have Yorkshire puddings and that it was not listed on the menu, he took them back to the kitchen where they removed them, I thought any Chef would have known this. When the roasts finally arrived the beef one was ok but my pork roast was dreadful it was lukewarm and the pork was so thin and fatty it looked like 2 pieces of overcooked streaky bacon on the plate, I sent this back and when the waiter returned he said it had been taken off my bill and would I like to order something else, I said no as I had already waited 45 minutes and was not prepared to wait that long again as everyone else was eating and would be finished before I received mine and the idea of coming out in a group as that everyone eats at the same time. We had intended staying to have more drinks and a sweet but decided not to because of this and how slow the service was. Also the roast potatoes were soggy and not crispy and the beef and chicken overcooked. Will not be returning or recommending this pub for food.

2  Thank patrickmary2016
General Manager A, Manager at The Easington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hi Patrickmary2016, we appreciate your honest feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve. Falling short of meeting your expectations is not to the standards we strive to achieve, and we humbly ask for the opportunity to make this right. We regret that you had a negative experience, and will use this as an opportunity to improve.