“Good place for lunch”
Review of The Falcon

The Falcon
Ranked #23 of 215 Restaurants in Banbury
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Description: With fine food, an extensive list of spirits, wines and local beers, joined with outstanding views across the local countryside, we hope that the Falcon will rein high on your list of places to dine or enjoy a leisurely drink. Our bar sits at the heart of all things, presiding over the garden room which is flooded with light and the large roaring central fireplace that creates a snug feeling throughout the pub. There are plenty of smaller rooms off the main thoroughfare to squirrel away in for a quieter bite to eat and two outside terraces to choose from set within flowerbeds bursting with seasonal flora.
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We were invited for a family Sunday lunch (14 of us) as the previous Wed my Sister had her 70th birthday it was great to see lots of family including a nephew I had not seen for 5 years. there was a long table prepared for us by the windows to the garden as it was a very warm day we were pleased to open some windows. As they were quite busy the earliest table we could book was 3pm. There was lots of choice from the menu but with 14 people lots of discussion. We ordered some bits to pick at while we waited for our main dishes. but only 20 mins later we were served. Everyone seemed very happy with their food and we drank an excellent white wine. I had roast pork - very well cooked - with all the trimmings and there was an option for a large plate or a small plate I chose the small plate and it was more than enough for me (I am over 70 and no longer eat large portions) for pud I asked for a lemon mousse but it was more a sorbet and frozen, but still excellent. THey also were able to serve real expresso coffee, great to finish. Again we finished with birthday cake!!

Reviewed 29 July 2018

We had a very enjoyable lunch here. You can eat inside or out. There are lovely gardens too. Friendly staff too.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

lovely setting with good service even though the pub was very busy, food was excellent and the staff were very helpful without being overly attentive allowing a nice relaxed meal for 20 people. I would recommend this pub to anyone, easy parking and access is a bonus.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Visited the falcon for my husbands 81st bday just the two of us due to illness and unforseen circustances friends couldnt make it.we had a lovely meal no pud as planned to full couldnt eat all our main meal.plenty of parking and beautiful garden you can eat in or out .plenty of choice on menu allergies catered for .high chairs inside and out for children .and a big attraction in garden apart from the gorgeous views of surrounding countryside is a big tractor which attracks big and small kids

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Having had an appalling Sunday Lunch here some time back I was sceptical at going here again. Went last night and it was superb!! I recommend totally!!