“Great food - 80/100”

Ranked #9 of 202 Restaurants in Yeovil
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I can't believe that I hadn't eaten here before when we lived in the area several years ago.

We were a little short on time so we only had the one course. My wife had an excellent gammon steak and I had rump steak (there was hake on the menu but having eaten it twice in the last week I wanted to try something different.) All the ingredients are sourced locally and I have to say the rump steak was the best I have tasted in many a long year.

Service was excellent and really friendly without being intrusive. The place was completely full on a mid week lunchtime and I can see why. we will return when we are next in the area and I will sample something else and write a fuller review.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Had read about this restaurant and decided to go by chance.
There is a relatively small but good choice of menu with reasonably set prices for 1, 2,or 3 courses with a £5 supplement for the steak.
My daughter had the steak which was cooked to perfection, I had fish and my husband had the vegetarian pasta. Our starters were good too.
The staff were accommodating from the outset and attentive during the meal.
Thank you!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Just dropped in for a quick lunch with husband. Have been in a number of times in the evening but never the day. It was outstanding..the lunchtime special menu was varied and very reasonable. Everything my husband and I had I could not fault. Staff were delightful.. I have lived here all my life and that was one of the best meals I have had in Yeovil for that kind of money. Keep up the brilliant work and standards

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Great value for money for £12-15 a head you can get a 3 course gourmet style meal! Lovely place to go with friends for a nice lunch on a budget!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

In the tiny Wine Street near the centre of Yeovil is what looks like a tea room - the Green Room - which in fact offers a delicious 5-star restaurant menu. Their spinach and asparagus soup is absolutely delicious. Reasonable prices too. Definitely worth a visit. They've got accommodation too.

1  Thank John G