The Preston Bed & Breakfast
The Masons Arms(Odcombe)
The Keep(Yeovil)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewscar parkmusic themechalet roomsdouble and single bedhash brownscereal and toasttwo singlesfull englishfamily roomcoffee and hot chocolatecooked breakfastwelcoming staffchoice of cerealstown centrean evening mealtwo nightswarm welcome
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Friendly and helpful personnel. Ideal location and quiet, big car park and wide selection of bar foods. Comfy bed, in a chalet no need to look further. If we are in the area again we would stay here. Like I said staff lovely.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alexingohr
Preston-Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Preston Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Good afternoon alexingohr,

Thank you very much for your kind review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay here and liked our newly renovated rooms and bar. If you are in the area again we would be more than happy to welcome you back to the hotel.

Have a good rest of your day, kind regards

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Booked online, had an email a few weeks before the clarify booking.
Good price for 2 nights.
Lovely welcome upon arrival, I was shown (rather than just being handed keys) to my room.
We stayed in the little chalet rooms, nice double bed and a single. Good size space, small compact bathroom but does what it needs to do.
T.v. in room.is an good size, although not many of the freeview channels work.
Free wifi- worked fine
Overnight was fine, nice and quiet. Beds are comfortable enough although pillows couldbe a bit thicker and perhaps a slightly better quality.
The car park is a bit of a squeeze, the spaces are an odd layout and once your in the car park you kind of just live I  hope that there is a space as turning around is a nightmare.

I returned to the car park around 9pm and it was utter chaos! There were 2 big transit vans which didn't help. The car spaces are quite an odd shape.

Breakfast was nice. Good friendly service, apologies that there was a wait as they were busy but to be honest it wasn't really more than 10mins so I don't  consider that an issue at All! The continental breakfast was laid outso we were able to have that while we waited.
Full English offered, we had eggs, sausage & tinned toms (gutted there were no mushrooms!). It was served quickly, hot, fresh and tasty.

As we were staying two nights the room was cleaned while we were out, (this isn't always the case in some hotels!!); everything was refreshed which was nice.

We would definitely stay here again. Yes it's an old building but the service is Good, the rooms are a decent size and it's good value for money.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurageary

Good afternoon Laurageary,

Thank you very much for your lovely 5-star review, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we will take your comments on board. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Yeovil was probably a little out of the way but seeing so few available hotels for this time of year and other hotels so overpriced, it was worth the extra mileage. Parking was a real bonus. The bathrooms could do with some upgrading but otherwise everything else was excellent.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Carapipi
Preston-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Preston Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Good afternoon Carapipi,

Thank you for your kind review, we shall pass your comments on to our management team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Booked here for just overnight Quite pleasant room very basic a little mould in the shower but overall good. Breakfast was very nice. A little noisy late at night but there was a bar where the public was admitted. Staff quite pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Good afternoon Linda S,

Thank you for your kind review, we are sorry to hear that you experienced this in the bathroom. I shall pass your comments on to our Management team immediately. Other than that we are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We booked this hotel as it was convenient for the location of where we were having our wedding party. One member of staff particularly shone out and that was Abbie. She answered all my bride questions and made me feel at ease. I stayed here for 3 nights 1 night in room 6 with my brother and 2 nights in room 1. Room 6 was a little gem! Right up in the attic it was a massive space with little alcoves. A great room for sharers. Room 1 was lovely and the only thing I'd change being a bridal suite for us would have been to have a king size bed. The staff went to the trouble to decorate our room and provide free chocolates and prosecco. Overall I loved our stay here there was always somewhere to park. We had breakfast every morning and you could have a full English or toast or cereal all was of a good standard. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here but it would be wrong of me not to mention an incident which happened on my actual wedding party day! Following leaving the hotel to have my hair and make up done, I went back to the reception desk to ask for my key. I had 1 hour to get ready and the girl covering reception stopped to point out we hadn't paid for our room (bear in mind we were staying for another 2 nights) and when were we going to pay!! I explained it was my wedding day and had limited time to talk but we would obviously be paying on check out. She proceeded to tell me if we didn't pay she would take the money from our friends and families debit/credit cards. Owing to the fact I was in such a rush I took the key, blushed being really embarrassed and legged it up the stairs to get ready. I can not fault any other single member of the staff but this girl did need to use her diplomacy skills and maybe don't address the bill with me on my wedding day in the time frame where the bride is getting ready! Overall I would stay again and can't thank the other staff enough who were attentive and lovely.

Room Tip: Room 6 if you have teenage children
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Preston-Hotel, Manager at The Preston Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you so much for the lovely review-we are glad you enjoyed your stay and your special day, it was a pleasure to have you all! I do apologise about the Reception incident...the only explanation I can give is that all Reception staff are told to take payment before giving keys out as we have had some bad experiences with people not paying on check out! Obviously that wouldn't have been the case with you, we will ensure this doesn't happen again in the future. Many apologies again and we hope to see you on one of your anniversaires maybe!

Abbey