Lowest prices for your stay
US$90
PricelineUS$90
Hotels.comUS$90
FindHotelUS$93
1,197 results
All reviews mini fridge train station good size town centre saturday night evening meal sofa hairdryer thermostat corridor
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2021 via mobile

The hotel in general is pretty good. The decor in communal areas is attractive and the bedrooms are a good size. The breakfast is decent and the staff on reception are helpful. However, the bedrooms are so hot and uncomfortably so to the point that sleep us disturbed which is not ideal when staying there on business and having to work each day. The thermostats in the room do not work hence it us not possible to turn down the heat in bedrooms and there is no air conditioning. It's impossible to sleep with windows open due to the constant traffic noise from the busy dual carriageway directly outside the hotel. The staff can't do anything about the heat so no point in asking. It was unbearable in October so hate to think what it may have been like a few weeks ago when we had the warmer weather. There were 6 of us staying in the hotel and we all experienced the same problem so appears to be an issue in all/the majority of rooms. Shame really as the rest of the hotel is pretty decent

Trip type: Travelled on business
Jackie Clarke, General Manager at Novotel Wolverhampton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2021

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us
I am sorry you were uncomfortable, but heating is set at a temperature, can be thermostatically controlled but not off. We were due to have a full refurbishment last year including air conditioning but sadly that had to be deferred, we hope to move forward on this project soon.

Your feedback is very important to us and will be shared, I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again

Reviewed 24 October 2021 via mobile

Functional hotel, better than a premier or travel lodge but not exactly luxury.

Thermostat didn’t work so heating was constantly on so had to keep the windows open, not a problem in October, guessing I would have a different opinion, in say, August?

Room clean, bed very comfortable, shower excellent, WiFi fast, breakfast decent, service polite

Job done

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to proffer your feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am pleased to read overall you enjoyed your stay,.
The Hotel was due to have a refurbishment in 2020, but we were unable to go ahead, hopefully we can start re-planning and this will of course inc full aircon
I appreciate your comments and they will be shared with the team
as we are always striving to meet our guest requirements

Regards

Reviewed 16 October 2021

Julia at Novotel Wolverhampton has provided the best service I've ever been fortunate enough to experience. She has been patient with my problem and has gone above and beyond to help me. She deserves a raise. It is a shame that booking.com ruined my reservation but Julia has been extremely helpful with trying to correct everything.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Jack
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us, Iulia will certainly have a copy of the review as will the entire team, guest feedback is very important to us her in Novotel Wolverhampton

Reviewed 12 October 2021 via mobile

I'm an experienced business traveller and enjoy writing good reviews when possible. However this hotel should be avoided at all costs.

Booked for a meeting and decided to switch to stay here to avoid driving back to central Brum.

Big mistake- the restaurant was closed, the first room i was given was filthy and not cleaned since the previous guest. Second room the window was completely broken and wouldn't shut but couldn't be arsed to change again. Rooms in poor repair and smell pretty poor too. This is sub Travel Lodge standard so that should give you an idea of what we are dealing with....

Receptionist was rude and defensive.

I'm in the bar with my Just Eat as I write so can't comment on breakfast but hopes are not high....

Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else (maybe a bus shelter).....

Good Afternoon Paula

I am so sorry you did not have a good experience whilst staying with us, this is not the usual standard we pride ourselves on, i can ensure you the necessary steps will be taken to ensure that room allocating is correct

Reviewed 8 October 2021 via mobile

I was only allowed to upload 10 pictures so the photos whilst bad doesn't really do it justice to how bad it really was. There are another 10 pics atleast. Every inch of my room was thilthy and not worth the £75 per night I paid for. In fact I went home two nights early out of the four because it was just so bad. I got overcharged at dinner. They advertised the ceasar salad for £13 which in my opinion is steep anyway but under the sentence ceasar salad they put chicken or something else. If my memory serves me right chicken is pretty standard with a ceasar salad unless you have specific dietary requirements. Anyway after I ordered a chicken ceasar salad and paid they charged me an extra £4 for the chicken bringing the price up to £17. The chicken was thinly sliced 50p sized and I only recieved 4 pieces of it. I refused to pay for chicken because there were no charges for chicken anywhere on the menu. I checked out 2 nights early cause I couldn't stand it anymore and upon checking out I was charged £3 for a drink I'm absolutely positive I didn't have but the staff are so defensive and argumentative I just couldn't be bothered with the confrontation. Unapproachable is probably the word I would chose to describe them as. The girl behind the bar though was lovely and so was Stephanie. Then to add insult to injury the took an extra £44 out of my bank account without telling me or with me being present. Apparently I hadn't "paid enough". After one argumentative phonecall later they had made a mistake and now I have the privilege of waiting 3 to 5 working days for the "refund" they have had to make. Personally I call it theft but hey what do I know. I've travelled an awful lot and I can honestly say that this hotel is just vile. Once you look indepth at the place you realise just how old and shabby this place is.

Trip type: Travelled with family