3,176 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2015

We travelled with National Holidays and it was a nice enough stay at this hotel and we know they were catering for at least 3 coaches and other guests on the weekend. Overall it was basic and nothing stood out as awful. Our evening meal was tasty with 'melt in the mouth' meats. Although a little direction from the staff would have been helpful as the starters were in the corner - no one seemed to notice this fact. The bedroom was basic but comfortable. The breakfast the next day was nice enough, plenty to choose from, well cooked and it was hot. Our room was quiet enough. Would recommend for a short stay. Two things to say though - the wifi isn't available in the rooms and you have to know where you are as there appears to be nothing close by so you have to stay in the hotel in the evening unless you have a car or are prepared to pay for a taxi and I have no idea how much that would be.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

I stayed here on 6th of July as I had a meeting locally. This is truly the worst hotel imaginable and has some serious issues. Firstly the smell of either mould or something more unimaginable emanates throuh the corridors and rooms. I had to sleep with the window open and could then hear the M56 all night; so did not sleep at all. I tried to order room service as I had some work to complete; I was ringing the "hot line" for 1 hour; finally I went to the restaurant to order a chicken Jalfrezi. Mother of God...what I got was a chicken that had died of dehydration and rice that had no moisture whatsoever. I had stayed in this hotel a few years ago but the deterioration in quality is something I did not expect. Please, please, please avoid this hotel at all costs in case you get infected by inhalation of poisonous mould!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
6  Thank MelCymro
Reviewed 6 July 2015

We went to stay at this hotel for a weekend away advertised on Groupon. The hotel was extremely run down and felt unclean everywhere. In our room, the bath/shower was mouldy, the bathroom door was broken and filthy and it was absolutely boiling! On a plus, the bedsheets and furniture all appeared to be clean, although the bed was so uncomfortable, we barely got a wink of sleep. There was a dog barking ALL night in the room next door, which also didn't help.
We went to the bar for a drink, which was relatively okay. The restaurant was clean and the staff were friendly, although the food was appalling. They only serve a carvery in the evening, which was dried up and looked very unappealing, so we decided to leave with no food. To be fair, we ordered some room service, which came promptly and was okay.
I think for £35 a night you could argue that you get what you pay for. But I certainly would never recommend this hotel to anyone. It needs a good clean, better food and some updating.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Annonymous U
Reviewed 5 July 2015

We booked through Ncrowd at £69 for B&B 3 course dinner with a bottle of wine fruit and full use of the spa. Based on the price we were not expecting much, even less so after reading the latest scathing reports. All we can say is that these people must have been reporting on the wrong hotel ! As this was not our experience at all.

Our room on the 3rd level and overlooked the large car park, it was contemporary spacious and comfortable with a big bed, large flat screen tv on the wall (see photos).

The staff, from check in to check out were friendly and obliging upbeat and smiley. Special mention to Marie our waitress who worked like a Trojan and was very efficient, but nothing was too much trouble for her, and all done with a pleasant manner.

Cheshire oaks shopping is 15 minutes away and after spending the afternoon there we returned to have a pre-dinner beer and a swim in the spa. The pool was large enough to get a workout if you wanted, there was also a steam room and jacuzzi. There was also a gym above if you desired. You either use your room towel for the pool or you can hire one for £1.

Dinner was a buffet carvery, various starters, cold pasta with salad, pâté, vegetable samosas, mini quiche or chicken drummers. Main course was various hot meats, carved for you (as much as you want), with all the vegetables and trimmings, or chicken curry. Desert was various gateau's or rice pudding. Our deal included a bottle of wine, red or white which we took with the meal. No complaints about the standard of food, it was hot and the service from staff was good. The restaurant is contempary, large and well lit. Afterwards we took drinks in the bar, which was busy with a nice atmosphere, as it was a warm evening you could sit outside.

Breakfast was of a similar high standard, plenty of choice, juice bar, cereals, fruit, full English breakfast including black pudding, fried bread and hash browns. The chef will make poached eggs to order, but no fried eggs (scrambled are on offer), tea, coffee and toast and/or croissants. Everything was red hot and plentiful - no complaints here.

Reception staff were helpful, professional and jolly, all in all we enjoyed our stay and have no hesitation in returning some day.

Room Tip: No complaints from room 308
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2015

Never never never again, I've endured virtually 24 hrs of tortuous , appalling heat. The heat in the bedroom was only outdone by the even greater heat in the corridors.
NO AIRCONDITIONING ANYWHERE this is an absolutely abysmal hotel to be in this time of year. Breakfast was good and plentiful, but , why must we have to eat from COLD plates ! The bedroom and television was of a 1970,s decor , very clean tho.
I would strongly advise No one to stay here at this time of year !
On the plus side 75% of the staff were well mannered , helpful and curtious , Jane , who served at breakfast was particularly good and deserves praise from management .

Room Tip: Think about booking here very very carefully
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business