1,634 results
All reviews afternoon tea master of ceremonies queen mary wedding venue marc desseaux wedding guests wedding breakfast hand picked hotels scones wonderful wedding extensive grounds handpicked hotels beautiful hotel course dinner winston churchill suite country house cream tea
Reviewed 31 January 2016

I chose the hotel to really have a lot of peace and quiet as the position of this lovely Hotel is perfect. There is a long private drive up to the car park and hotel which passes a church and overlooks a lake and field in the distance.
I had a room on the ground floor near the main reception entrance. There was a lot of noise from people coming back to their rooms passed mine at night which woke me and then in the early morning all the services began arriving very loudly from 6 am such as deliveries etc..I was so close to all of this. I focused on having a lovely breakfast in the Orangery before my long journey home. Disappointment struck again when the Orangery was closed and we went into the Dining Room where I ordered poached eggs. They were cold and not very nice and I felt a bit cut off and neglected. Make sure you get an upstairs room

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.
I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay but naturally I was disappointed to read about your breakfast experience and the noise disruption during the evening.
As matter of urgency I will be speaking with Mark our head chef about the quality of your poached eggs. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and one that we generally receive much praise for.

I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

We were met at reception with a smile by Clive who checked us in quickly and efficiently as well as explaining where everything was. Perfect reception!
Our room was lovely and clean, love all the pillows on the bed too! The bed was lovely and comfortable too, we slept very well!
We had royal afternoon tea in the lounge. Simon looked after us, he was very friendly and looked after us all afternoon. My boyfriend and I loved the cinnamon macaroons! And the gluten free afternoon tea was superb! Especially the scones, they were crumbly and sweet, and the jam was the icing on the cake there too!
We booked dinner at 8pm in the restaurant and popped down a bit earlier so we could sample some of the amazing cocktails on offer in the Crystal bar. Tito, the bar manager, looked after us and entertained us beautifully. Simon made us too delicious cocktails before dinner which were incredible!
The restaurant is a small room with a purple coloured theme. The menu was very extensive and well worth the price. My boyfriend and I opted for the full three course meal and were absolutely stuffed by the end!
The goats' cheese starter was beautiful, and the presentation of all the dishes we had were excellent. The sea bass was incredible, and my boyfriend was still going on about the sirloin main he had as well as the chocolate delice.
As a gluten free guest I was perfectly looked after, the restaurant manager, who's name I unfortunately didn't catch, went and checked all my dishes with the chef to make sure my meal was gluten free. He also recommended some incredible sorbets on the dessert menu.
We finished the night with two more cocktails, made by Tito, again, incredible. I can't recommend them enough!
Breakfast in the morning was spot-on. Lovely buffet, with gluten free products as well as fruits and fresh smoothie. And a cooked meal too! Jose looked after us and made sure we left full once more!
Check out was quick and easy, Clive made sure everything was in order before we sadly had to set off.

So for a nice stay away, Buxted park is definitely worth it!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review following your stay and to entitle it ‘Amazing Night Away’ is fantastic.
We are blessed with many talented members of the team to read both Simon and Clive and Tito being named in your review is testimony to how hard they all work to make our guest stays truly memorable.
We have tailored our breakfast offering to take into account dietary requirements and the free from range has proven to be very popular as are our afternoon teas which you enjoyed.
Since joining the team Tito has changed our cocktail list and most guests are now raving about his creations and over indulging which is a must!
Robert is our restaurant manager and like all the team he will be very proud to read your praise.
On behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Just held my wife's 50th birthday party at this fantastic hotel. From start to finish all the staff were courteous ,efficient and helpful. A big thank you to Kate who helped with the organisation of the party. Thank you to Marc Desseaux and his team, in particular Chris and Spencer who looked after us on the night. My compliments to the kitchen too who supplied a fantastic buffet for our guests.
If you are looking for a venue which will try and accomodate your visions of how you would like your wedding/party to be, then I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.We got married at Buxted Park thirteen years ago and have celebrated many anniversaries as well as holding my wife's 40th birthday party here. I think this is recommendation enough.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul S
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Dear Guest

Firstly congratulations to your wife on her Birthday celebrations.

I was delighted to read you all enjoyed the evening and that you mentioned so many of the team by name who will be pleased to read your praise.
I will ensure Mark our head chef and his brigade receive your comments about how good the food was on the evening.
It is always special when couples return for celebrations after getting married at Buxted Park and on behalf of all the team may I thank you again for your review and rest assured when you next visit you will receive our very best attention.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

Attended a wedding at Buxted Park and absolutely everything from check in to departure was perfection. The rooms are very well thought out with extremely comfortable beds. The execution of the ceremony, reception and evening was outstanding. The food I can honestly say is the best I have ever had at a wedding and also breakfast was very good, with a large selection. What really makes this venue is the staff, everyone was helpful, attentive and friendly. A really wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following the wedding you attended.
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your day and that al aspects were fantastic.
I will ensure your kind words are relayed to all the team who will be very pleased to read you had a wonderful weekend.
On behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

A very lovely warm friendly place , the children was made to feel very welcome and special. The afternoon tea was great value for money and more than enough. Staff member mark a lovely funny France man made the occasion, can't wait to go back soon ☺

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review following your afternoon tea.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your afternoon tea and the team guided by Marc looked after you so well. Afternoon tea is a great tradition here at Buxted Park and one that all ages can enjoy.
On behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when I can assure you of our very best attention.