“Super meals with super views”
Review of The Mary Tavy Inn

The Mary Tavy Inn
Ranked #15 of 69 Restaurants in Tavistock
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Lovely friendly pub. Dog friendly. ,excellent meals with plenty of choice , super views in the spacious garden at the rear with parking opposite

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Every time we fancy treating ourselves we come here. Never disappointed in the quality of the food. Very tasty. I can't find better pub grub in or around the Tavistock area.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely and friendly place to go and get a really good tasting meal. 10 of us went and after going the first day we went again the day after. The food was lovely and the staff were very friendly.

If you sit outside you get a glorious view accompanied with sheep doing their thing in a field in front of you but there is enough room for you to sit away from all that as the outdoor space is very big.

They have a pool table so you can enjoy playing that while you wait for your food, a couple people did when we were there.

They allow dogs as well which is a bonus. They are allowed in and out the pub.

I would 100% recommend to anyone in the area.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Our family of eight plus five dogs descended on the Mary Tavy Inn at 6.00pm this evening.
A friendly greeting and courteous service.
We chose to eat inside . The Landlady rearranged the furniture to suit our party.
A very good selection of real ales, cider and lager.
Apart from the free ranging menu there is also a comprehensive specials board. They have a free ranging choice of menu including vegetarian. The place is clean and the staff very polite and efficient.
In fact it was so good tonight we have booked in for lunchtime tomorrow. They have a lovely garden with Dartmoor views. I had a mixed grill. Vast, perfectly cooked and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Had an evening meal here and I can't praise the food and staff enough. The waitress was lovely, so welcoming and friendly.
So much choice it took a while, but I ordered Sirloin steak and my son had Pork Tenderloin with fresh veg. I was a bit wary, as I haven't had much luck with steak in the past, going from 'almost alive' to shoe leather, but this steak was to die for. Just charred enough and so succulent. All served with delicious mushrooms in butter and battered onion rings., plus a few crispy chips.
For dessert I had two lovely scoops of ice cream and my son had apple pie with clotted cream.
It was so enjoyable we popped in for lunch on our way home from holiday. My son had an enormous Steak and Onion baguette, and I had a delicious Home Cooked Gammon sandwich on granary bread. It was so warm we sat in the lovely Beer Garden,lingering as long as possible, enjoying another wonderful meal and the incredible view.