“Awesome cakes & breakfast’s”
Review of Karen's

Karen's
Ranked #8 of 70 Restaurants in Tavistock
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are situated in the centre of the historic stannary town of Tavistock. We serve delicious home-cooked meals and cakes everyday. We have tables located inside and outside so that no matter the weather you can enjoy your visit. We have a wide selection of gluten free meals and cakes and are also fully licenced to serve alcohol. We are family and dog friendly, so if you are if you have children or dogs or even both, you are more than welcome to come on in. On busy days we recommend booking a table as we can get very busy and we would not want you to miss out! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us. We look forward to your visit.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went in to Karen’s first on a Saturday afternoon for a bday treat. I went for vanilla milkshake and a peanut butter & Nutella cheesecake. Milkshake was good but the cheesecake was amazing, good portion, quite dense and a good balance of both flavours. My partner went for lemon cake & chocolate milkshake. Good milkshake and awesome cake again. We both had clotted cream, good but not Cornish After a pleasant experience and good custom we returned for breakfast the next morning. We both had a ‘Dartmoor feast’ menu says easy transferable items. Really good breakfast and large portion. Washed down with a cappuccino & latte. Then I got a cake to go, white chocolate fridge cake, was very nice, would of loved a bigger slice

Reviewed 17 June 2018

First class staff very friendly and helpful.great selection of meals and snacks/drinks .
The cream teas are lovely and the cheese scones all home made .very local not a big chain. when in Tavistock not to be missed .

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Heavily advertised Trip Advisor and five star hygiene prompted a casual visit.
Service was slow but pleasant coffee arrived without sugar.
Bacon in my bap overcooked and knife wouldnt cut a rubbery bap.
Three star slighty generous.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I contacted Karens ahead of my visit, via facebook messenger which they responded to very quickly, to see what vegan cake options were available. They replied asking what my favourite cake was and they would bake for me!! On arrival they knew who I was and they had baked a very lovely lemon drizzle cake. My friends enjoyed a cream tea and we spent a lovely bit of time sat out in the sunshine with tea and cake. Very personable and helpful service, delicious cakes too. Thankyou.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We visited Karen's for lunch. Having had a large breakfast, I opted for a dessert and thoroughly enjoyed my apple crumble with clotted cream. My husband had the bacon and egg pie which looked stunning and he certainly enjoyed it. All the food we had was great. However, as well as the good food, I have to compliment the team who were so lovely, taking great care to ensure my elderly aunt was comfortable throughout the meal. We will definitely be back next time we visit Tavistock.