1,078 results
All reviewsatrium restaurantindigo barkids cinemacinema roomcarvery restaurantsquash courtswimming poolsea viewseparate toiletgreat family hotelschool holidaysfamily roomevening entertainmentsteam roomfront facingchildren's entertainmentleisure facilities
Reviewed 9 February 2018

We booked a short trip to Lytham at quite short notice and the Dalmeny met our requirements perfectly. We wanted a Double room and a Family room - ideally located close together or at least on the same floor.

We arrived at the hotel separately but were very pleased that we had been put into 2 rooms next door to each other on the ground floor.

The hotel itself outside looks very dated - it is clearly difficult to change the exterior of a hotel and it is very expensive. The car park is a reasonable size but was often full - there is an underground car park as well though which had lots of available spaces.

The hotel reception looks like it has been updated recently. It is very modern looking and well decorated. In fact this goes for all of the public areas. There is a lot of art on the walls depicting local scenes, which I always find very reassuring when visiting a hotel. The owners should be proud of the local area and want to promote this.

The bar area also looks recently modernised and is very well stocked. They serve a few different lagers on draft and also some craft beers by the bottle. There were also several gins, vodkas and whiskies available.

We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food but they had specials on every day and these were publicised on receptions and in the bar. The bar also has entertainment on a Friday and Saturday night but we stayed during the week, so again I can't review this.

The rooms themselves were very well decorated and spacious. Even the Double room was a good size. The Family room was huge with a separate bathroom and toilet, as well as a separate shower in the bathroom which was also huge - the children's beds were both full size single beds and in a separate area of the room. There isn't a door between the rooms but there is an archway that allows older kids enough privacy but smaller children can be close to their parents.

There are a few minor points that the hotel needs to address. The doors in our rooms were cheap and didn't look like they had been changed in the refurbishment - this seems like a small thing but they should be upgraded to match the rest of the room. This was true around the rest of the hotel - small things haven't yet been done as part of the upgrades but hopefully these will be addressed before they finish.

This is a very nice hotel in a very good location in Lytham.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

I visited the Dalmeny Hotel with my partner for a spa day. It was our first time coming, when we called we booked for 11am. However we were not advised that the treatments would commence at approximately 11am and that we should arrive prior to this.

Our journey took us about 50 minutes and we arrived at 5 past 11. We were informed that we were meant to have arrived earlier and that because we were late, our treatment was going to be reduced as a result.

We were each handed a questionnaire to complete. The staff then left the room, completing the form took up more time, and we then had to wait for someone to come back to call for us.

We only received 10-15 minutes worth of what we paid for. This was more infuriating as the spa was not busy and we did not see any one else coming in to have treatments. We could not see why we had to have our time reduced as we were not making others wait.

This left us rather unhappy, however the staff were very friendly. We were given robes and towels to use for the day, and full access to the facilities. We were provided with coffee and afternoon tea, which was excellent.

Happy overall with the experience, but disappointed having paid so much, when it felt like we were given less.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2018

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Dalmeny Hotel over the weekend. It was the first time we have stayed here for a couple for a couple of years but we were both impressed with the improvements the hotel had made since our last stay. Saying that I have been coming to the hotel for over 30 years now and the standard has always been exceptionally high and I can't think of a particularly bad experience in all the years I have been coming.

The staff were as always very friendly and helpful, again this has always been the standard.

The only slight criticism I would give is that since our last visit the dining options have changed in that there is a new restaurant open that was the carvery and it would seem that the Atrium is once again open as a restaurant in the evening where as I think it was only open for functions last time I came. However neither of these changes are advertised on the website, looking at the website before we arrived it appeared the only option to eat was the Indigo bar. Based on this we made a reservation at a restaurant outside of the hotel prior to our arrival, If we had known there were other options we would have more than likely eaten in the hotel in the evening.

Overall great service, great atmosphere and great staff. Thankyou.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick P
DalmenyGM, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Nick P

Thank you for taking the time to leave some great feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful and enjoyed the atmosphere.

We try to ensure that guests dining in the hotel have a number of options available, and whilst we do still use our stunning Atrium Suite for functions, this is also very often used as an a la carte restaurant along with casual dining in our Indigo Bar. As you've mentioned during times of peak demand we also offer a buffet style service in our lower ground floor restaurant. Thank you for your constructive feedback our website, I will certainly look in to updating this with our Marketing team.

Again, thank you for your lovely comments and I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Dalmeny in the near future!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I came here 7 years ago and decided to return again for a weekend break with my husband. The hotel is Lovely, the bar and restaurant is modern, the food is great. The staff are welcoming and polite. I recommend a sea view room the view is Lovely. The hotel is undergoing some updating and our room was in need of that. However the room is clean and plenty big enough. The entertainment was Good, not too many children at the hotel but the ones that were there were well behaved and with parents that looked after them properly!!! We called into the st Ives and the children were running riot!!! We really enjoyed our stay and will be coming back again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda W

Dear Amanda W

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review of your recent stay with us. I'm glad you had a lovely chilled out break and enjoyed the dining, entertainment and facilities. I'm so pleased that you intend to come back to the Dalmeny and I hope we can look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

The rooms were nice and the kids entertainment was great. The bar food was good. The major downside for us is that we are all vegetarians and the choice of meals was extremely limited and of a poor quality. The menu doesn't change so in the end we had to eat out otherwise we would have had to eat the same meal every night of our stay. The towels in our room weren't changed and when the floats in the pool were out there was a queue to enter and it was absolutely chaotic!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms at the front.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear nampian

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your room, the children's entertainment and the food in the Indigo Bar. Naturally I'm disappointed that you found the choice for vegetarians to be limited and the food quality in the restaurant to be poor. I will certainly discuss this and your other constructive remarks with my team as feedback such as yours helps us to continually improve the services and facilities we offer. I hope this does not deter you from visiting us again.