US$112
Britten House(Lowestoft)
  • Breakfast included
cortonvillas(Lowestoft)
Official Site
All reviewscomfy bedturkish restaurantsea viewbirthday weekendlovely breakfastbrilliant staystayed heregood sizeon arrivalshishfridgecerealshowerhostspromenade
Reviewed 27 February 2018

My husband booked this guest house for my birthday weekend and we were given a sea-view room on the 2nd floor with an amazing view. I was able to watch the sun rise both mornings as it was very sunny - this was the weekend before the Siberian weather came in but it was bitterly cold and windy. We sat and watched the world go by from the warmth of our room.

Amanda and Tony had put a bottle of Prosecco in our fridge as a birthday treat which was a lovely touch.

The guest house is very clean with modern facilities and a really good breakfast.

We managed to park outside each time we went out by car but I'd guess high season that might be difficult - there is a pay and display literally across the road though.

If we were up on the East coast again we would definitely stay at The Coventry.

Room Tip: Amazing views from the sea-view rooms!!!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jax66
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here at short notice, lovely front garden and front of house. A very warm and friendly welcome. This was carried through for my whole stay. Nothing was to much.
Breakfast was very good, crispy but not over done bacon, perfect. Service always with a smile and a bit of chat. Plenty of cereal and toppings for toast. Chilled fresh fruit juice, yogurt's and fresh fruit.
The room it's self, a sea view but no en-suite. The toilet and bath room are separate but both large, clean and fit for purpose. Plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits. Comfy bed and cosy warm at night time.
Wi-Fi was good, easy to watch Netflix and browse the net and use my phone.
So all in all a great place to stay, I would highly recommend staying here.
Thank you for having me and I enjoyed staying.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Nasher1982
Reviewed 26 October 2017

just had a few days away in this area. The room was lovely with a prefect sea view (room 3) which we sat in front of in the evening, Easy walk to plenty of good places to eat used The Harbour Inn (good quality pub) and the Shish a fantastic Turkish restaurant. Room good, modern and clean and a good breakfast. The location is prefect for exploring the local coast and Broads.

Room Tip: room 3 fabulous sea view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Just home after a lovely weekend. Couldn't recommend this guest house enough. The breakfast was as my boyfriend puts it "banging" the room was clean, a really good size and comes with hands down the squishiest carpet I've ever walked on . Great location with a cracking view to wake up to every morning (and afternoon if you're partial to a nap )

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I am writing this review having just stayed with my wife for a weekend break at The Coventry Guest House for 3 nights during the Latitude festival during mid July 17.

The hotel itself is easy to find situated right on the promenade near Claremont Pier. There is free parking on the road but we chose to pay to park in the Pier car park right opposite the hotel which was both convenient and inexpensive.

On arrival, you will meet your hosts Amanda and Tony who are 2 of the most friendly hoteliers you will ever meet.

We stayed in a lovely double room overlooking the sea which was clean, comfortable, quiet and spacious.

The hotel is very well positioned to get into Lowestoft itself which is just a 20 minute walk along the Promenade where there are plenty of good places to eat and drink.

A fantastic breakfast is served between 8-10 in the morning which was delicious and had lots of choice.

Amanda and Tony are excellent hosts and are always on hand to answer any questions, they couldn't be more helpful.

Overall, this is a brilliant place to stay, would definitely recommend and if ever we are in Lowestoft again then we would choose to stay here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple