The Hunting Lodge
US$134
The Royal Oak(Long Whatton)
US$103
US$106
Charnwood Lodge(Loughborough)
US$76
Travelocity
The Guesthouse at Rempstone(Loughborough)(Great Value!)
US$67
Falcon Inn(Long Whatton)
US$106
US$99
Agoda.com
All reviewsfree top upsbig gardendessert menuslarge platechicken rouladecontinental breakfastnice outdoor areafiltered waterfour poster bedbowl of fresh fruitlovely mealgenerous portionsbrought to the tablefamily mealhave eaten herepuddingpiping hot
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I took a friend to lunch and we both had ham egg and chips. The chips were dry and tasteless. The ham seemed as if it had come from a plastics factory and the bit of salad was limp and sad. The eggs were alright. We didn't stay in the hotel so cannot report on this.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Gavin H, General Manager at The Hunting Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

I am sorry to hear that your visit with us was not up to your satisfaction. I am unsure as to whether this problem was pointed out to our team at the time but i am disappointed that you feel your meal was not up to our usual standard. If you would like to contact me further regarding this matter you can do so by contacting me at reservations@probablythebestpubsintheworld.co.uk

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Seems to be a very popular pub as the bar was full from early till late. Food in the restaurant was very good although they seemed to have a problem getting it to the right table!
There are only 6 rooms and it is a pub with rooms not a boutique hotel but the rooms are fine.
Overall a good experience and great value.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, we will look forward to welcoming you again one day.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the Fagin Room which was large in size, with all the conveniences you would need. We liked the unusual decor and the large four poster bed. Much more interesting than your usual hotel. The shower was powerful and hot, just what you need.

The best part of our stay here was the Manager. He was so attentive and helpful and made us feel very welcome. We had every need catered for and it made our experience quite special. The continental breakfast included in the room price was good, we had plenty to eat and enjoyed the quality.

We also had dinner here, which we enjoyed. The steak was cooked perfectly and the pasta was tasty and hot. The outside beer garden area looked nice, and even caught a spot of sunshine in late October.

The only thing I would say is to echo a couple of other reviewers - one or two cobwebs on the ceiling looked as though they’d been there a while, but it’s nitpicking really, as everything you would use or come into contact with was very clean.

Overall we would definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SarahS335

Many thanks for your lovely review, the comment on cobwebs has been noted and housekeeping have been made aware, i am sure they will use the excuse that they were preparing for Halloween. We will look forward to seeing you again one day.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Central location in Seagrave ideal for Park Hill golf course. Very homely with unique rooms and a fantastic restaurant.
The staff were excellent and paid my 11 year old lots of attention.
I would come back without fail

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review, we will look forward to seeing you again in the future,

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Decades since either of us had been here but my wife and I stopped off for lunch on Friday 22.09.17.
The restaurant is impressive but, as it was so (regrettably and unjustifiably in my opinion) under populated, it was lacking in atmosphere; however, the experience was enhanced by the two ladies looking after us, both of whom were very upbeat and natural, without all the usual, insincere, corporate "have a nice day" crap.
Outside my norm, I ordered a fillet steak (normally I only do this for myself, at home, or have it at La Favorita, in Loughborough or C'an Pescador in Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca) and it was very good - I asked for it saignant but, whilst it was more medium rare, it was a nice piece of meat, nicely cooked and well presented; my wife had chicken makhanwala, which she was very happy with.
There are some very nice touches, which show this place tries: a free bottle of filtered water, which goes down well with the wine; free top ups on veg, salad & fries / potatoes (the servings are so generous that I could not understand how anyone, even Oliver Twist could ask for more, but the lady assured me that people do).
No hesitation in recommending and in going again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review, we do try to make everyone's visit one to remember!