“Thoroughly enjoyed here ”

Townhead Hotel Bar Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Lockerbie
Price range: US$6 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Italian, Scottish, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Townhead Hotel offers you a vibrant welcoming restaurant within our hotel. Having been recently refurbished, and using only the finest ingredients, farm assured, and locally sourced, we aim to provide our customers with a great dining experience. We cater for all diets, including vegetarian, vegan & gluten free. Everyone who walks through our door receives a warm welcome and a pleasant dining experience. Bookings are advisable over busy times like weekends. Winners of the "Best Hotel Bar Dining" award in Scotland through Scottish Hotel Awards.
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed here, food fab, friendly and helpful staff, family all enjoyed and we will return again

Date of visit: July 2020
2  Thank Glasgowcitycentre
Write a reviewReviews (428)

Reviewed 23 August 2020 via mobile

Amazing food, great service, lovely restaurant. The staff were just lovely, friendly and accommodating.

The steak pie was just unbelievably good and the leftover mac cheese was brought home in a doggy bag.

Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 23 August 2020 via mobile

Just had a lovely meal, fish and chips were amazing. Friendly, helpful staff. Spotlessly clean. Would recommend a visit x

Reviewed 23 August 2020

The food was good, apart from the prawn cocktail having no sauce, but this was quickly resolved. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of vegetarien options on the children's menu. It was quite hot in the room, but that wasn't a big problem. Service was brilliant. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 21 August 2020

I'm not one to normally do reviews on restaurants,. But I literally had the best steak and ale stew of my life. Big chunks of tender steak in a nice rich sauce, excellent mashed potatoes(champ), and some veges. Seems like it'd be a reasonably easy thing to get right, but these guys managed to excel so much at such a simple dish that here I am writing a review about it.

The staff were excellent and attentive,
And the covid precautions were well thought out.

Shame I'm not a local, but if I'm ever back in Lockerbie, I'll definitely be back.