All reviewsan updatebedding and towelsbreakfast was excellentbusiness staystayed one nightbit datedmanchester airport
Reviewed 11 February 2017

There were nine of us thirsty and hungry souls wandering around this lovely town when we came across The Cross Keys and we were mighty pleased we did. Looking very traditional from the outside it was a bit more modern inside and we received a great welcome from two members of staff.

We were able to try some beers before ordering and the full lunch menu was available even though it was around 2.00pm.

This menu had a range of different from the norm snacks, both hot and cold, and everything we had was very good indeed. There was a special offer running giving a discount on food just for the provision of a name and email address and this was also well worth having.

We’d like to go again – it’s a good place!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2017

As someone who has worked behind a bar I know how to deal with waiting customers, it seems that the staff on Saturday evening missed that class! The bar was busy for the rugby but we waited for a lull at the bar myself and another girl were completely ignored on purpose. The way the staff ignored us on Saturday was not acceptable, waiting over 15 minutes at the bar to get service then being ignored and them servicing people that had just walked in the door is not the way to continue in a tough industry. I wont be going in again and word of mouth is amazing!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane W
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We checked in on New Years Eve. The bar area is so welcoming and we thought this was a sign of good things to come. We got the keys to the two rooms we had booked and were directed to the little lodges at the back of the hotel. Unfortunately we had been given a single instead of a double, so were then sent into the hotel itself. The room was tiny and the bathroom had mould on the walls. When I used the shower it would not switch off properly. My husband tried to turn the shower off and it actually came off the wall!!! Staff were very apologetic and gave us the keys to another room, and a bottle of wine by way of apology. When we got back to our new rooms (well after midnight) we found the shower dripping very badly and the toilet did not flush. Again there was mould on the walls. It was too late to complain so we had to suffer the noise all night. When i handed the keys in the next day I was just told they were sorry and offered no recompense. Extremely disappointing. Also the room is adervtised with a free breakfast, yet i received an email after confirming the booking saying it was no longer available. A good way to get you to book and then renage without having to offer you siscount.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Ange2608
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We stayed here for a couple of nights before Christmas and were pleasantly surprised! We had read some pretty bad reviews on this hotel but as we couldn't find anything else available in Knutsford we didn't have much choice but to book this - and lucky we did!
Ok, to start with the very few negatives - we were in room 4 and the bed was pretty awful - however the sheets were clean and warm and thats what counts really! The first night we had a fright at the state of the shower curtain, but I think someone must have heard me complain about it through the wall as the following night it had been changed to a nice brand new curtain! So that was nice.
Positives: The staff were so friendly, and breakfast was excellent! I actually just brought my porridge with me and they even offered to make it for me! So kind.
The room was very clean, very quiet and warm, clean sheets and good towels - and set out of the main building so I would imagine away from any noise from the bar? Anyway we didn't hear anything apart from maybe bins being put out at 3AM - but again it was very brief. The shower was nice and hot and there was free wifi in the main hotel. Overall yes the hotel bedroom we stayed in is a little dated with the lights wonky, but who cares at the bargain price! Right in the middle of town, walking distance to everything, less than £100 a night including a fab brekkie, and most of all nice staff. Would happily stay here again (and keep fingers crossed for a comfier bed ;-)) Thank you Crosskeys

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Nice pub but rooms very tired. We had a lodge out the back Clean and spacious but needs a make over as the bath room is still in the 70's. Food good and bar prices not to bad. But over all nice place to stop to visit this old town.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family