1,476 results
All reviews browns restaurant the club lounge salt room mud treatment aromatherapy associates lake view afternoon tea changing rooms underfloor heating relaxation room junior suite evening meal treatment rooms bottle of prosecco steam room food was lovely robes and slippers
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Played golf and stayed in the hotel, as well as ate here.
All three were excellent.
The golf course is a joy to play, in fantastic condition - this course just gets better.
The hotel - first time i have stayed here is clean, modern and comfortable with an excellent spa facility.
The food was top drawer. There were twenty four of us and all enjoyed their food and the bar area.
Overall a very enjoyable stay - well recommended

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on Sunday night and were surprised to say the least. The hotel area outside the rooms is the lobby with a restaurant on one side and a golf shop on the other. The rooms were fine and the staff helpful and polite but the food in the club bar was poor with Vegetables and burger uncooked.

We couldn't find any grounds other than the Golf course to walk and relax and unless you were playing golf then the greenery was a no go area

My wife used the spa and was very impressed so I suggest if you are interested in Golf or the Spa then this place is for you, if your after a night away from the kids and the daily grind then I'd go somewhere else.

I've ticked this as average because of the staff otherwise it would have been lower.

Real shame as I was hoping and expecting so much more

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2015

Stayed in a suite for 3 nights during our wedding, Hotel is nice however very disappointed with the customer service after a mix up with our room on our wedding night. I will always accept mistakes can happen but it is the response to those mistakes that distinguishes top hotels and excellent customer service from the very ordinary. On this occasion and after correspondence with the hotel I still feel let down. Felt like our future custom was not valued.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris N
Reviewed 28 July 2015

Lovely hotel with great spa and golf. Rooms are lovely with a comfy bed, air con would not switch off but reported it and was sorted. There is also free WiFi. Eat at Browns and the food was good, Dan looked after us, he was excellent, very professional a credit to The Mere! The Spa was good, although treatments a little pricey, children were only allowed in till 10am then from 4-6pm and was very noisy at those times so try to avoid if wanting a relaxing time. They also have great meeting rooms as had a little look round, would recommend a visit and hope to be visiting again soon

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2015

I stayed over as a result of a business event for the day. If I was to rate the day time catering I'd say it was "so so". Service was good though. My real review is the hotel. I had a beautiful room and comfy bed. This was slightly spoiled by a faulty air conditioning unit that kept re-setting to 26 degrees! Browns was super. Great staff, a lovely meal and a very civilised feel. What would have made it a 5 star rating? Better signage to rooms - it's a rabbit warren. Better and more attentive bar staff - despite the offering of an ice bucket it never arrived. Oh and a poor choice of wine in their - quite a surprise. A great venue that could just be pushed to super.

Room Tip: Avoid the subterranean rooms as there is no mobile signal
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business