The Mere Golf Course at The Mere Golf Resort & Spa
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Spa day

Had an amazing massage and facial with Emily lovely lady haven’t felt that relaxed in ages products... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
N7313WSsophiej
More than Mere!

Just home from our first visit to The Mere,having stayed for two nights. Wonderful from start to... read more

Reviewed 27 September 2020

from US$72.14
from US$197.21
from US$21.53
More Info
All reviews browns restaurant the club lounge afternoon tea wedding venue on arrival scones treatment gym cheshire manchester
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2020

Just home from our first visit to The Mere,having stayed for two nights.
Wonderful from start to finish !
Food fabulous ,Service great,lovely room and staff friendly and helpful,especially in these challenging times.

Paul ,one of the managers was very kind when I slightly injured my leg.
We’ll be back and very soon ,thanks to all!

Date of experience: September 2020
3  Thank angieWirral_England
GaryJohnsonGM, General Manager at The Mere Golf Course at The Mere Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2020

Dear angieWirral_England,

Thank you for your feedback I am glad you enjoyed your stay at The Mere.

We hope to see you back at The Mere in the new year.

Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

We had the most perfect wedding reception at the mere. The grounds are stunning, the food amazing and the staff so professional and lovely. We can’t thank Ange, Megan and all the staff enough for the organising and running of the day. We couldn’t of asked for more! Ange made everything perfect, was on hand for everything we needed and was brilliant with our parents and children. The sisters behind the bar kept our drinks topped up and were lovely and friendly. All the staff went above and beyond for us. It’s worth the money and more. The best wedding venue in Manchester by far! Thank you.

Date of experience: September 2020
3  Thank han8813

Dear han8813,

Congratulations! Thank you for your lovely feedback.

We hope to welcome you back at The Mere for an anniversary visit.

Reviewed 4 September 2020

Amazing golf course absolutely loved it by far the best in Cheshire, Good facilities Friendly staff! Especially Annabelle who works in the browns bar she’s so polite and very helpful.

Dear A5470LVsamuele,

Thank you for your feedback I am glad you enjoyed the overall experience of The Mere I will make sure Annabelle is shown this review.

Reviewed 31 August 2020 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here as a present for my birthday. The room we stayed in (004) was lovely, very spacious the only downside to the room was the TV which would not cooperate with the buttons that were being pressed on the remote. We had afternoon tea which was very nice, however the same cannot be said for the evening meal and the breakfast. The evening meals lacked taste and for the price of the meals you would have expected more. The breakfast was not the best that I’ve had but it filled a hole. In relation to the service in the Browns restaurant this was below standard. There were plenty of staff however, you were never seen by the same staff member twice. It came across like they were trying to avoid serving people in the restaurant. In relation to social distancing, this was none existent throughout the hotel especially in the restaurant we were sat less than 1m away from the people next to us. You had your temperature checked when entering, but that’s where it ended. It’s a shame that guests were unable to use the spa without buying a treatment, this should have been communicated better and a reduction in price given.

Dear 428loub,

I am disappointed to hear your review regarding your experience at The Mere this is defiantly not the usual level of service we offer. We take the current circumstances very seriously and always make sure our guests are safe. I apologise that the current spa rules was not communicated to you before your arrival.

Reviewed 17 August 2020

Really disappointed with our stay lastnight , my wife and I booked this hotel for our anniversary which we do every year but normally we book the junior suites for our stay but the hotel was fully booked. We were placed at room 202 which I’ve got to say the bed was the worst I’ve slept in , it felt like there was a huge hole in the middle and we were both sinking into it. Also the air conditioning was broken and the room was absolutely boiling. When checking out the following day we were told we could of had a fan and this should of been told to us on check in but it wasn’t. For the price we paid I would of thought the manager would of shown more empathy but it was like water off a ducks back , very disappointed. I know the current situation is hard on everyone but the Spa should not only be available if you book a treatment either. I think this should be made available to all guests at set times. It just feels like they are trying to get more money out of you. The room we had was overpriced especially when the spa was not included.

1  Thank uk05399

Dear uk05399,

I am disappointed to hear about your visit at The Mere if you brought this to our attention earlier we would of done everything possible to make sure you had a lovely stay. Unfortunately at the moment it is impossible to offer spa access to all our hotel guests due to the social distancing rules that are in place.

If you wish to return to The Mere then I will ensure that you are given one of The Junior Suites and make sure the level of service is at the usual high standard that we offer.