The Shore
TripAdvisor
Orcades Hostel(Kirkwall)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnice friendly staffhot chocolate and biscuitshear noisesmoked haddocklounge bardressing gownsharbour frontfree car parktop floorprevious nightshower roomnight's sleeplocal amenitiesfantastic locationcomfortable bedfirst morninglight sleeper
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night during February. My room was clean and comfortable. Tea and coffee facility in room was plentiful with bottled water as well. Bathroom nice and clean with a nice shower. Slept well.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I spent 3 weeks “living” here and would highly recommend to anyone visiting this beautiful island the room was well laid out,en-suite was great did have an issue with shower but was rectified immediately. Staff were all great,friendly & helpful.
The restaurant was lovely and the food was absolutely top notch but could do with variation now and then.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2017

My wife and I stayed here with our 2 granddaughters and we all liked it. We got a suite on the top floor with a double and a twin room which was just perfect for us and only cost £125. The rooms were very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Food in the restaurant was very good and the staff were very pleasant. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank spootiemad
Ga7ethC, Owner at The Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thanks for taking time to give your feedback. Glad you enjoyed your stay. The loft suite works well for families right enough.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I only stayed at The Shore for an overnight as I was getting the ferry to Sanday early in the morning. The room was decent and the staff friendly. But it was quiet and the bar was deserted by 9pm at night... I had to get a 7.40am ferry so the hotel had my breakfast ready bang on at 7am - when they start serving - so that I could make the ferry on time.
I also found it a little odd that there was no food available in the evenings. And as Kirkwall is pretty small, there are not too many options - especially by half nine pm which was when I arrived.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Fazerace
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Comfortable, spotlessly clean, excellently equipped (refurbished) bedroom. Quiet, though with no view. Generous touches (chocolate, quality biscuits, bottled water, dressing gowns etc). Very pleasant welcome and staff. Smoked fish with poached egg at breakfast superb. Great location at the harbour. Thought the bar was a bit dark. Price (£115) more than I would normally want to pay, but fair for Kirkwall prices. No food apart from breakfast at the moment, but was told a restaurant menu would soon be available. Would be very happy to return..

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Ga7ethC, Owner at The Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thanks for taking time to give feedback. We are working towards the relaunch of our restaurant at The Shore on 7th October....with the lounge bar including lighting also being refurbished. Again thanks for your comments.