Salutation Hotel
US$64
Travelodge Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$38
Travelodge
Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$50
The Muirs Inn(Kinross)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewscrannog restauranthome cooked foodroom was clean and comfortablewarm welcomekettleperth
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Me n my partner stayed here this weekend. Weather was lovely! Arrived on friday was shown to our room by the lovely jennifer at the bar. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean with tv kettle etc and a good shower! Pub has a beer garden so all the locals were outside havin a pint l.. spoke to the manager viki n her partner michael made us feel very welcome! We had a chinese meal at mr chans just a 2 min walk from the hotel.. was lovely very reasonable. We bought a carry out n just stayed in the room friday had a wee drink! On sat we went to the shows in perth was scary lol! Came back about two and sat with the locals n had a good drink. Karoke at nite was the best laugh we all sang n had the whole pub up dancing! Had the best time here and will defo be back... also vikis breakfast is always fresh n tasty! Loved it! If ur a livley couple and r up for a good laugh this is defo the place to be.. ☺☺☺☺☺

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kym W
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I used this hotel when working nearby, the room was clean and the people were very hospitable, the cost was only 30 pounds but that didn't include breakfast, which wasn't an option. on the plus side it is part of a pub so no need to travel for a pint. would I go again, yes if working in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2014

After the excesses of the new year it was nice to go back to the Salutation for some relaxation and retail therapy. Arriving on the 2nd we had Lunch in the Reids bar, where we were welcomed back by john and the girls.Lunch was moderately priced and of excellent quality.
The rooms show signs of a degree of refurbishment which in a ancient Inn must be an ongoing excercise As usual warm and comfortable, down side was that someone had obviously been smoking in the room .However the room staff provided air freshener spray when the fact was pointed out to them.All in all a good time was had by all at a very good price

Room Tip: Rooms around 214to 219 are ideal
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank chas1219
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Travelled from Edinburgh to Inverness, normally do it in one go, but was at a family function, and welcomed the break in the journey! warm welcome into a pet friendly hotel, calm, relaxed, not rushed out the door at breakfast time! would go back again and again! and, to chuck in the old adage, never judge a book by it's cover!

Room Tip: accept any room on offer!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I found Kinross to be a first rate choice for stopping in my way up to Cairngorms National Park. Landed in Edimburgh pretty late, I managed to get there in about an hour. Kinross is a small village and the hotel is easy to find. plenty of parking space around, and a very small parking lot in the back of the hotel himself. The building is a pretty old coach inn which is open since 1720, according with the Landlady. Apparently there are also a couple of ghosts thrown in, at no surcharge. As I said I was late, but someone was waiting for me and i was shown the room. Walls and furniture are a bit worn, but linen were fresh and clean, beds are confortable and curtains and bed trimmings brand new and in line with any hotel I slept in, and I've seen a few. Actually the bathroom, though pretty old and with piping outside the walls, was completely new, with spiffy glass shower cabin and a sink with a mixer instead of the oh-so-british twin taps.
In the morning the landlady was flummoxed because there was no gas in the kitchen, and she could not make my breakfast! While I tried to reassure her it was no big deal, she ran into some neighbor's kitchen, and served me two large bacon and sausages sandwich before I could say her anything. Shortly after, gas was back and I got another breakfast! Good, hot, greasy full scottish breakfast. So, if you want something lighter (I was perfectly happy with it), ask first. I was so pleased with the establishment I come back one week later on my way back to Edimburgh, so I was able to try the pub, with some nice local people who welcomed me and made me feel confortable and welcome. All in all, if you are going to stay only overnight I would recommend the place heartily.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo