“Best breakfast around”

Ranked #13 of 34 Restaurants in Kinross
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Milk Bar is perfect whether you want a coffee with friends in front of the wood burning stove, a tasty traditional breakfast or lunch, and even afternoon tea. Cakes and bread are homemade by local artisan providers and available to purchase, along with chutneys and preserves. At Powmill Milk Bar, we offer something for everyone.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We’ve visited here for many years and seen recent changes. The place has had a bit of a facelift and is better for it. The food and presentation is better too. We’ve only ever had breakfasts in recent visits but I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend. It’s never empty and does a fair bit of takeaway business. That speaks volumes.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Arrived today with our 2 granddaughters and stood in a queue with many others only to be told when we got to being served they were not taking any more orders for hot food. I asked for sandwiches for the children as it was getting past their lunchtime, the young person asked her female superior if that could happen and we were all told rather abruptly there will be no orders from the kitchen for at least half an hour, I said can I order and wait as I had to hungry children, again we were told no, the lady behind me made her point and we were all disgusted. Had a lovely lunch in Cafe de Fluers in Dollar and although busy treated with respect.. I know it was busy but there was no need to treats customers so rudely.

2  Thank The_Scotsman18
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to Perth and were pleasantly surprised, I had bacon and maple syrup on a brioche bun and my fiancée had a chicken and bacon club sandwich with chips, to drink we had chocolate milkshakes. The meal was amazing, I loved my brioche roll and my fiancée heartily devoured her sandwich. The milkshakes were impressive too and very tasty. I would recommend this place to anyone passing or in the area.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Under new managment since our last visit. Stiill a very good place to stop .
A little portion controlled, but good quality which makes up for it. The scampi was a very small portion . Imprressive array of cakes and scones. The gift shop was light on product range, but that may reflect winter. Very helpful staff behind the counter.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This is an excellent facility for the traveller in that area with plenty of food choice at reasonable prices. It is well populated bu cyclists and walkers as well as passing trade. ample car parking and lovely staff.