“Visit with friends”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We were recommended to go here by the owners of a near by B & B where we were staying, I wish we had not bothered, the waiter we had was very surly and needs a few lessons in customer service, we ordered a bottle of wine which arrived after ten minutes again served by the surly waiter, bearing in mind that the place was not busy, we were offered poppadoms but not told that we would be charged for them, ( most Indian restaurants you get them free ) things only got worse after this, having put our food order in we waited some forty five minutes for the starters to arrive, and one of them was burned and inedible, the main courses were not much better taking some thirty minutes to arrive at our table, they were lacking in any taste even though one of our party requested his dish to be spicy, our total bill came to just over £100, certainly not good value for what we had, we were not offered any explanation as to why the food took so long , personally I think it is because they own the Kebab shop next door so maybe the chief was have to do them as well as cook the Indian meals, also we were told that if we mentioned where we were staying we would get some form of discount on the bill,, I am still waiting for this,!! if when we are in Grantown again we will be giving this place a wide berth ..

3  Thank Clive L

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Excellent food excellent service one to be added to the return list hope thats sooner thather than later

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Went to the Sylhet Brasserie in Grantown on Spey and were served by a charming
young man . All four of us had a different dish and we were all delighted with the food and the manner in which it was presented. A very enjoyable experience

1  Thank Ronald G
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Our first "proper" meal in Scotland. Too hastily said "yes" to papadoms and pickles, to discover later that they were costing around three pounds fifty. Overall the meal cost more than we felt it was worth and with hindsight we wished we had chosen another restaurant.

1  Thank neilepi
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

The menu had the traditional British curry fair but then so many other choices and new meals I'd never seen before! I enjoyed the fish starter, light, tasty and room for curry.

Afghan rice was new to me but so nice we ordered twice with our main meal which was excellent. I was unsure as to what to pick for main given so many new meals but after a chat with the the waiter who listened to my likes and dislikes he suggested the perfect meal for me and I loved it.

There are positives, food and staff however there is a negative. How do I put this .... the experience stayed with us through the night and the next day. I'm a man, it happens but never for the other half. Why? Not sure but I didn't get to go back.