“Two Meals At No. 7 Bistro”
Review of No 7 Bistro

No 7 Bistro
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We offer a range of meals from breakfast to dinner using the best of local produce when possible - fresh fish and shellfish from Sutherlands of Portsoy, beef from Grant's of Speyside and game from local estates - cooked in a comfortable atmosphere at an affordable price. Free WiFi and disabled friendly.
Reviewed 19 April 2018

When we arrived in Granton we stopped for lunch at No. 7 for a lunch of seafood chowder and homemade bread. It was delicious. Later in our stay we made a dinner reservation and came for seafood platters. It was all quite tasty and we would recommend this restaurant although the owner is a little touchy about small things.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We were planning to visit the Logie Steadings and have lunch there, but the Beast from the East meant it was shut. So after a walk to Randolph's Leap, we were a bit cold, tired and hungry.
Although the Bistro was very quiet when we walked in, we were greeted warmly by a very friendly lady. We sat by a very warm heater and enjoyed a simple, pleasant two course lunch which was superb value at just under £12.00 per head. It was nicely presented and filling so no cooking in the evening

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We decided on a change of venue for Hogmanay 2017 celebrations. We still wanted to enjoy the wonderful street party that takes place each year in grantown on Spey but decided to try somewhere new for our meal. The set party menu was ok without being fantastic (apart from my husband’s very greasy roast beef) although the portions were very generous and (as mentioned on a previous review) the dishes were piping hot, as though they had been heated in the microwave. Although we had a great evening, this was not due to the owners of the bistro, who were certainly lacking in festive spirit and the general atmosphere in the restaurant was very flat. Don’t think we’ll try it again.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

The steak was delicious. The Scottish mist was actually pouring and drove us in for an early feast. So early that they were still setting up. A glass of good wine for one and a nice dark beer for the other and we were set up. The Rib Eye Steak is something that needs to be eaten slowly and savored. Add the Pepper Sauce!

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I really liked the location of this restaurant, it was easy to find and the access was great for the wheelchair.
Firstly all the staff were great and the layout was good, warm and comfortable. I didn't use the loo, but was told it was wheelchair accessible.
The food both pleased and disappointed us. The menu was great and we ordered. We were concerned that there was a group who came in at the same time as us, but the food was brought out quickly and piping hot.
I had the haggis stack starter with pepper sauce. I loved the pepper sauce, it was the pepperiest pepper sauce I have ever had. If you like a good pepper sauce, then you will enjoy this. However, when eating the mash and neeps, I nearly burnt myself it was so hot, clearly the food had been nuked.
And as the service picked up we could hear the constant pinging of the microwave. Such a shame. Again our main course was ridiculously hot, super hot. I like my food hot, but fresh hot is fine rather than reheated hot.
The pudding was terrible, the pastry could not survive the nuking it got and was a huge let down.
Two other small things I thought let the place down. I had to ask for a glass of tap water, it would have been far nicer if there was a bottle of chilled/iced water was already on the table. And secondly, the mint jelly was served in a paper tray, the sort you get at Burger King. These may seem picky, but when you pay £70 for a meal for two, I do normally get better.
So, this place has the potential to be great, but they need to get back to cooking fresh and stop relying on Chef Mike(rowave).