All reviews home from home clean rooms lovely couple very comfortable stay the perfect host full english breakfast train station stayed for nights well worth a visit hazel hanson hosts northwest skydive ensuite lounge bay
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

A Home Away From Home! A stay par excellence. Hanson & Hazel are the perfect host, whose personal touch is what sets 'Rusland' apart. The warm welcome, the friendly informal atmosphere, the immaculately clean rooms, the mouth watering home cooked breakfast and even the fond farewell as though we were visiting our family members have surely made 'Rusland' a place to visit again and again. While Hanson took us on a tour of their beautifully done up garden, Hazel packed us some of her lovely home baked cakes and even some pache eggs to take along on our journey onwards. We promised to come back and they said they would visit us in London soon!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2017

What a lovely place, and a lovely couple. Stayed for 4 nights on my own, but never felt on my own. Hazel and Hanson make you feel like part of the family. Hanson even picked me up from the train station, even though I could have walked as I know the area. Breakfast is whatever you want, and plenty of it. As I like gardening, me and Hazel had a few lovely chats about plants. Loved the old cat, Charlie. Very comfy place. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Home from home.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Made very welcome and excellent service throughout our stay. Would very highly recommend. Facilities and location is very good. Recommend the Pheasant Inn to eat out situated approximately 1mile from B&B.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Friendly and hospitable Bed and Breakfast on the coast near Grange over Sands. Very good food, nice sized clean rooms, wifi, TV etc. I stayed with my daughter in a nice big double room. Ideally placed for the Lake District, especially the southern and central fells. Reasonably priced, with good choices for breakfasts, and a fantastic Cumbrian fry up if that's your fancy! The proprietors are local and very knowledgeable about the Lakes and friendly, able and willing to offer good suggestions for making the most of your stay! Thanks Hazel and Hanson! As Arnie say's "I'll be back"! Oh, and everything works - showers are great!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2016

This is the best Bed and Breakfast in the whole of Cumbria. The welcome you are given is amazing. The rooms are absolutely fantastic, en suite and free coffee and tea etc. The breakfasts are absolutely huge, healthy if you wish as well and are served according to ones diets needs etc. There are several rooms to use and there is a rather large flat with its own kitchen, shower, sitting room and two bedrooms one of which sleeps 4, the other one sleeps 2, great for families to stay in. the sitting room has a TV in and a sofa bed and is a further sleeping space if needed. Wifi is available and all the rooms have a TV. There is a lovely garden at the front and another one at the back. The patrons are very welcoming and great fun. They have a massive lounge and open plan kitchen and are on call if needed.

Room Tip: no worries about any of this it is in a very quiet location
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family