All reviews the early bird menu this family run hotel evening meal bar area dog friendly place belly pork little gem owners and staff lake district log fire room was clean and comfortable cartmel races fish and chips cooked to perfection lovely atmosphere quiet location stayed for nights
Reviewed 5 September 2018

A lovely house set in impressive grounds, very pretty. The house was cosy with lots of different size rooms and the bedrooms were all individual - unique. the staff although pleasant were aloof. Did not engage much with their guests. Food was excellent.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself is situated on the hills of the grange and can be tricky to find especially is you have had a tipple but it has plenty of parking and fantastic gardens thanks to Brian its owner. The weather unfortunatly did not allow us to see them at their best.

On arrival Brian explains the room key sequence for access late at night which does make sense but I managed to get it wrong and we was locked out. Brian did come to the rescue but I must have woke a few up in the process ( Thank you Brian)

The room we had was no-5 which I was told by my wife was the one of the bigger, a lovely 4 poster bed and plenty of room and even a jacuzy we never used.

The only little thing was an electric shower and not a walk in shower but that's all.a

Breakfast sorry but we never made it up for that but the hotel is renound locally for its good food and come Sunday Dinner they all come.

It is a dog friendly hotel hence the reason for us booking it, these hotels in grange over sands and cartmel are few.

All in all we cannot complain it was worth the money and might go back if Brian lets me as he thinks I fell on his begonia next to his door ( that ones not me)

The bar could do with another choice of draught larger but that's all, comfy seating was not a problem.

The hotel is about 1mile away from the nearest pub at the grange over the sands and has only 2 but both worth a visit.

Venture out to Cartmel for a michelleing star meal at Rogans and it also has 4 other good bar/ restaraunt in the area but make sure Brian orders you a taxi as they can be in short supply.

9/10 for me and my wife thank you Brian

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShaunRadley
littlegems132, Owner at Hampsfell House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Many thanks for your kind coments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Room 3/4 and 7 have walk in showers, just phone and request when booking.
kind regards
Brian and the team at Hampsfell

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights as a base for Cartmel Races which is 40 minutes walk away, albeit mainly uphill.

Comfortable room, great nights sleep, good breakfast. Had Dinner on the first night which was good with large portions.

Lovely gardens and a short walk to the small town. We had fish and chips from the local fish and chips shop and it was the best I have had.

Would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariabr
littlegems132, Front Office Manager at Hampsfell House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Many thanks for your great review, we look forward to welcoming you again
Hampsfell House

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

My father booked a table for three. We had a pre-dinner drinks at the bar lounge and we're then escorted to our table. The fish was lightly battered freshly cooked a good size and lovely white flaked code. The chips and mushy peas were served up in attractive bowls all fresh and piping hot. You had the choice of mushy or garden peas. They were excellent. There was a choice of three deserts two puddings or English Lakes ice cream. I had the homemade meringue with English Lakes vanilla ice cream with summer mixed fruit.Excellent value at £12.95 pp.
The staff and owners are all very friendly and polite.Plenty parking beautiful tubs baskets adorn the front of the hotel and lovely views of the gardens from the windows of the restaurant. Excellent visit experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your very kind review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Hampsfell House

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

had a really good meal four empty plates staff were brilliant so left a big tip. top of my eating out list even the beer was spot on would highly reccomend the hotel is in a very quiet location but only a short walk to town

Date of stay: July 2018