“Great view, great service ... but the food...”
Review of Six

Six
Ranked #11 of 290 Restaurants in Gateshead
Price range: US$0 - US$66
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Six is the stunning rooftop restaurant and bar at BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art combining breathtaking panoramic views with great food, great service and a great experience. Opened in 2009, the style of food is British modern, featuring the very best locally sourced ingredients simply cooked and served in a relaxed and friendly setting.
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Visited w the family for dinner and ordered the six courses menu. Starters ok, but main course is a grilled chicken breast...good, but still chicken breast. Very disappointed w the food for such a high priced menu.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,359)

Reviewed 15 March 2018

The Afternoon tea was lovely with plenty of choice. We had prosecco aswell and sitting in the restaurant overlooking the Tyne is nice. As always there was too much to eat so we brought the cakes home. The staff were very friendly.

1  Thank Lesley S
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I came here with my girlfriend to celebrate our 1 year together. On arrival we were given a great table. The food presentation was great and the taste was excellent ! Everything was quick and luckily it wasn’t very busy due to us going on a weekday before 7pm .

Recommendations :
>Chicken was lovely
> Go to the toilet (great view)
> if you go for a special occasion , let them know ... check out my photo and you’ll see what I’m talking about .

All in all would recommend to everyone for a luxurious dinner out .

N

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Having dined as a smaller business group a few years earlier and had a great experience, I chose the restaurant to host a private corporate dinner for 63 distinguished guests with 8 sponsors.

Unfortunately it was a very difficult process to get us to the evening and if I had been able to change venues i would but unfortunately all guests had been informed and it would have seemed unprofessional. Choice of two meals only and difficult to negotiate with further.,

There were a few issues in the night and with no seating plan out even though this had been arranged, staff changed my place names to suit them for ease of service which caused issues for the sponsors who chose the guests sitting near them. Therefore I had to rearrange before the guests arrived.

Dinner was fine but nothing special and evening to all outside went well. Teas and coffees however which I had ordered and paid for were forgotten.

I had to put a large personal payment down to secure the booking and I was promised this would be refunded in full the day after. The payment for the event was covered on the night with a generous tip included for the staff. The day after no deposit money refunded and despite numerous calls and emails still no refund 5 days later.,

There were other issues which still have not been addressed.

In short great venue, hard to work with their events team and a very dissatisfied customer who would have used the venue each year. Over £5k was silent but feel very undervalued as a customer and let down.

Just hope the refund to myself and another sponsor is received soon

2  Thank LESLEY W
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Beautiful views across the tyne, lovely airy and modern restaurant. The staff were fab and didn’t mind entertaining an 11month Old. Food was gorgeous we shall definitely be back.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank noshoesgypsygirl