All reviews gold room green room crooklets beach host chris the perfect host relaxing jacuzzi including slippers little extra touches stunning views b and b brilliant breakfast cream tea on arrival cornish gem fresh milk very comfortable room exploring the area local knowledge
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Really enjoyed our visit to Bude. Our host Chris was very welcoming and couldn’t do enough for you. Excellent cooked breakfast and evening meal. The location of the B&B was great. I would highly recommend the Pot and Barrel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Chris P, Proprietor at The Pot and Barrel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a favourable review for my B&B,
It always is a pleasure to know that guests have enjoyed the food, both breakfast and evening meals and comfort of my home.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

We recently stayed for 3 nights in the gold room. A very well laid out room with lots of storage space, an ensuite bathroom and balcony with an amazing view over Crooklets beach.

From the welcome to the departure, we couldn't fault a thing. Chris goes out of his way to make sure you enjoy your stay.

The breakfast choice is huge, but the quality is even better and again Chris will cater to those who fancy something "off menu".

Do make sure you read Chris' directions on the website, as the very last part of the journey has no signposts and sat nav tends to take you the wrong way.

Would definitely visit again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Chris P, Owner at The Pot and Barrel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Thank you so much for your great review. It's always a pleasure to read these, particularly from guests that have stayed for the first time and maybe considering returning! If you are - I hope to see you both soon!.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

My wife and I were looking for a 4 night break away from it all and had been recommended the Pot and Barrel by friends at our church. Our host Chris was very welcoming inviting us to make full use of his home. The Green Room was comfortable and we both slept well in a King size double bed even though we were used to separate beds at home (back problems). The en-suite was very well appointed with two hand basins, toilet, large shower and big bath with spa feature. The room had a small flat screen TV but I watched World Cup Football on the big screen TV in the very comfortable lounge. Breakfasts were splendid with a lot of variety to choose from and got the days off to a good start. Our host Chris was extremely helpful. The other couple staying at the same time were return visitors which says it all.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for your great review, detailing what it was that you enjoyed and remembered most about your stay here in my home in lovely Bude as it really helps potential guests decide if they'd like to stay.
I sincerely hope that you will you join the increasing number of guests that return here and look forward to welcoming you both to my home again in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Lovely house with a great view to the beach. Warm wellcome from Chris the owner. Sensationell breakfast, everything fresh made by Chris. Not to forget Amba the lovely Cocker Spaniel. If we will return to Bude sometimes we will certainly come back to Chris' house.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chris P, Owner at The Pot and Barrel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thank you for your review.
Always a pleasure to welcome guests from overseas and to read that you enjoyed your stay, including the breakfasts, is great!
I look forward to seeing you both again in the future.
Thank you again .

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Brilliant place to stay, close to beach, parking, we had everything we needed and more. Our room had a balcony so we could sit looking out at the beach, Chris had thought of everything right down to a torch and hot water bottle should you need them. Food was lovely, tasty and well cooked my husband loved the syrup sponge and custard. We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We had the gold room.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for your review.
So pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay here and mentioned just some of the little extras I provide and that your husband loved the sponge puddings and custard. I'll make sure I've got plenty for the next time you stay!!