“Exquisite ”
Review of La Bouche Creole - CLOSED

La Bouche Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sadly La Bouche Creole closed at the end of service on March 17th 2018. Head chef Todd Varnedoe has decided that it is time to retire from the kitchen. La Bouche Creole was his concept and we could not even consider continuing without him. Thank you to everyone that ate here, it has been a privilege to serve you all. Thank you to everyone that worked in the kitchen and dining room. Thank you Todd for delivering excellent dishes time after time while still remaining calm and a pleasure to work with.
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

A quiet Tuesday nights birthday celebration . I loved the blues music they played in the background setting the scene for exotic earthy food.
The seafood gumbo I started with was full of fishy flavour with a lovely kick of heat behind it. My partner had the fish cake which was smooth and light and she kept raving about the micro salad that added flavour surprises.
I went on to pork in a lovely buttery cider sauce and my wife had the hake. Good chunky helpings with perfect accompanying veg.
We finished it all off with a white chocolate bread pudding with whisky sauce, with two spoons.
Delicious. No reservations. Come and visit and after your meal step outside and view the Atlantic Ocean in all its glory.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner. Good choice 2 courses for £25 each. I had fish cake and jambalaya. My husband had tuna skewers and pork. All dishes were fantastic the meat was so tender. Would definitely recommend a visit.

1  Thank Lyn C
Reviewed 9 May 2017

This was our first visit to La Bouche Creole and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The starters we chose were the char grilled tuna and the slow roasted belly pork and were both delicious.The mains and desserts were equally as good. The service was attentive. We will return soon.

1  Thank FarmerJon9
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Good food, I enjoyed tuna skewers and the aubergine vegetarian option, service pleasant and surroundings recently modernised. For me though the atmosphere was just a bit bland but definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Dissapointd starters were brilliant but main course really ordinary and not good value for the price were looking for something different, add chilli to any meal and you have it disappointed