“Superb dinner”
Review of La Bouche Creole - CLOSED

La Bouche Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sadly La Bouche Creole closed at the end of service on March 17th 2018. Head chef Todd Varnedoe has decided that it is time to retire from the kitchen. La Bouche Creole was his concept and we could not even consider continuing without him. Thank you to everyone that ate here, it has been a privilege to serve you all. Thank you to everyone that worked in the kitchen and dining room. Thank you Todd for delivering excellent dishes time after time while still remaining calm and a pleasure to work with.
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

This was our third and the meal was even better than ever. Friendly and efficient service at just the right pace. The seafood gumbo is particularly good though the thermidor is pretty amazing too. We were too full to have a pudding each , so shared a yummy pecan pie.

A really satisfactory evening out on all counts.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I'm sure, like a lot of other people, we decided to visit here after seeing The Hotel Inspector. We liked the sound of the menu and the food looked interesting and unusual. We were greeted by our lovely host who gave us some option of where to sit. She was happy to explain the dishes and the levels of spiciness. The wine list is really good but the bar is quite small for other drinks such as beers and largers. For starters we had the crab cakes and Gumbo both of which were delicious. The olives and bread were also delicious. For our main we both had the Jambalaya which was fantastic. Full of flavour and packed with plenty of chicken and spicy sausage. The portion is quite big so bear that in mind if you are planning on dessert. If you like spicy food that's full of flavour then you will not be disappointed. I'm only sorry that we are not local but I'm sure if we are in the area in the future we will come back.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We dined here on our first night of two staying in Bude ahead of our latest walk along the SWCP.
They serve an interesting take on creole food - we have tasted the real thing in New Orleans. The gumbo soup was very tasty and my (sizeable) mackerel main course was equally so, accompanied by a pleasant bottle of Chateau Civrac Indigo.
Probably our best meal in Bude on this trip, so recommended to fellow visitors looking for something a bit different.

1  Thank One_of_the_BOFs
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Last year I booked the restaurant on the for 1900hrs 13/09/16 as my wife had seen it on hotel inspector and wanted to try the food. On the afternoon of my anniversary they phoned and left a message saying the chef is sick the restaurant is closed tonight. So as I am ready to walk out of the door and play the cancellation message. I was seething at the total lack of warning and consideration on my wedding anniversary. I vowed never to set foot in the place and have slagged it off any chance I get.
This year my wife said for me can we go to the place we booked last year to try their food. So I booked for half seven went to the restaurant rang the bell and was told the chef is sick we are cancelled. No call on my phone no warning no food two years in a row. I will never enter this useless poorly run hole in my life and can't tell you how incensed I am that they have tried to ruin my wedding anniversary two years in a row!
We were lucky enough to get into the Beach restaurant and it was special. Good service great food with a better view. so go there and be sure of getting a decent meal and not getting your night ruined.

2  Thank andy5038
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Having previously dined in the restaurant and had a great meal we took friends in July with the promise of great food. However the meal was an unpleasant experience, we arrived five minutes late because my daughter was on crutches and the waiter/restaurant manager was clearly unhappy saying we needed to hurry to order as they had a very full service that evening (the restaurant had two other tables occupied and did so when we left). My husband arrived five minutes later as he had taken a different route to the restaurant and the waiter became very stroppy reminding us that they were VERY busy that evening. This really set a sour tone to the evening as he continuously gave us dirty looks and had the cheek to say to our teens "it's rude to whisper" when they were talking quietly amongst themselves. We ate a starter and main course (which I can't remember because I was so angry about the service) and declined dessert, as at this stage we just wanted to get out into a normal Bude environment, where the customer is welcomed with open arms and customer service is second to none. We won't be returning and I've just dissuaded my elderly parents from trying the restaurant as they wouldn't cope with being treated badly.

2  Thank Mabelily