“Activity day ”

Cobbaton Combat Collection
Ranked #10 of 42 things to do in Bideford
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

My son (8) and 1 love this type of place and dragged the girls along too. I wasn’t expecting much tbh but I was really surprised at the range and quality of this collection. The museum itself feels like is in the middle of nowhere down a country track. The chap running the place was really helpful and friendly. I would recommend this place for a few hours of entertainment.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"sat nav"
"great place to visit"

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Took our army mad little boy and both he and my hubby thoroughly enjoyed it!! Excellent service at the cafe too lovely food and staff so helpful. Highly recommended and clear the owner knows his history!!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Museums are museums, Cobbaton is something else, it’s much more real and alive and found in a oasis of nature.

A marvelous collection of historical artifacts from various Wars, from modern day to colonial days, Tanks, Arms, equipment, and much more!

Wonderful place to visit for some hours, alone or w family. A pre interest in history and war stuff will be beneficial but not nessecary.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Kevin's idea of heaven! That said I really enjoyed the visit, there is so much there to look at, we even found from packages from Chilwell Depot where Kevin completed his apprenticeship! and I found a game that I used to play at my Grandparents house. Conclusion on visit is that Kevin wants to retire and restore Centurians and Churchills