All reviewsshower blockthe barnswimming poolquiet policyclean facilitiesgreat campinglovely siteold blockwell stocked shopsister sitejust returned from a weeklovely familytoilet rollonsite shopplay parkcleaning staffevening entertainment
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We agreed on phone booking of 2 nights. On arrival we were forced to pay for 3 nights: 1 that has just passed that we had spent at home in Berkshire and next 2 that we had booked. We were told that the policy states 3 nights only, I was wondering who told us the price 3 days earlier over the phone? Machine? Because nobody remembered that conversation 3 days later. Very abusive language, disrespectful behaviour and shouting ' get out' to my husband when he said he would call police, all these altogether make this camping experience worst of my lifetime. If I read any reviews before ( and there're plenty similar to mine everywhere) I would have never booked and wasted my weekend there. Customer service - ZERO!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank KarolinaS1136
SilentNights, Public Relations Manager at West Fleet Holiday Farm Campsite, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Thank you for your comments. As explained to you on the phone, at the time of booking, when you registered at reception, and subsequently, there was a three night minimum stay in place for standard pitches over the bank holiday weekend. At no time were you sworn at by any member of the team at West Fleet. All our staff have an absolute right to do their jobs without fear of being harangued or intimidated and are under very clear instructions to contact the Police should they feel they are at risk, if other guests become concerned or if customers refuse to leave if asked to do so.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Arrived slightly late after a three hour drive from Hampshire. Asked to pay the bond (apparently to stop multiple attending groups from disturbing peace which is a good idea as we like the peace and quiet.)
However, told the lady that my friend would pay it when they turn up to which she replied "no, you will pay it" and proceeded to add the bond amount to my card without my permission. Knowing that this could go one of two ways, I paid the bond, however the lady's attitude was condescending and dismissive of the fact that we'd travelled three hours to get to her campsite. Beautiful surroundings, scenery and clean facilities however we would rather have a warm welcome and a less spectacular setting.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Roger H
SilentNights, Public Relations Manager at West Fleet Holiday Farm Campsite, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Thanks for your comments, which seem to stem from a misunderstanding on your part. The bond, which was agreed by your group at the time of booking is payable by each part of the group on arrival. You were therefore, quite correctly and politely, asked to pay your part of the bond, as agreed, in cash on arrival. Your friend, similarly, would have been required to pay their bond when they arrived. It is not their responsibility to pay your part of the group bond.

As the bond was an agreed part of the terms of your booking, non-payment of your part of the group bond, would have been grounds to refuse entry, especially on a busy bank holiday weekend. It was therefore fortunate that, as agreed with you, the lady in reception was able to do "cash-back" to the value of £20 to allow you to fulfill your part of the agreement that had been made with your group and agreed by you. Sorry if you felt that this was somehow unwelcoming, but the bond system has worked very smoothly for many years, but depends on each member of the group paying their share. Other parks take a different approach and simply don't allow groups of tents at all. We feel it would be a shame if we had to take a similar line - not least for those customers who want to camp with friends or family in a quiet and beautiful spot.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights on the easter holiday. Arrived on sunday and it was very quiet. We had a great relaxing break. Showers and toilets were spotless. Shop was good and the bar was fantastic. We will be back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ricki W
SilentNights, Public Relations Manager at West Fleet Holiday Farm Campsite, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments and for taking time to share them with others. Really pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

We came here mid August for 4 nights, a repeat of last year.

A simple mention, the site is family orientated which means, everything shuts down and goes quiet, the website is clear, the brochures are clear, information packs when you arrive are clear on this. Why people complain about it, is beyond me. Everything goes quiet so those with families of varying ages can sleep.

The facilities as per usual, are well maintained and clean, we used the family rooms most days, never more than a 10 to 15 minute wait.

The swimming pool was warmer some days, ice cold others. Same as last year, everyone was having fun in the pool when we used it.

The only reason I did not give the site 5 stars was the evening entertainment, last year it was good, my daughter still talks about one of the acts. This year, well the less said the better, crooning is the most I will say.

It was nice to see familiar faces from last year and meet some new ones and the site is an excellent base from which to explore.

There was a lot more dogs this year, all over the site, being a dog owner myself I don't mind but it did seem there was not as much control on pitch areas that should have been free of dogs.

Overall will return next year with the family, I can only hope some better evening entertainment can be found.

Excellent site, run by a family, with great facilities and in a great location.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Majere
SilentNights, Public Relations Manager at West Fleet Holiday Farm Campsite, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Wow! Thank you for this lovely, commonsense review and for taking time to share it with others. We'll take on board your helpful suggestions and see what we can do. Dogs shouldn't be on pitches where dogs aren't allowed, sometimes "naughty" people don't tell us that they have brought a dog or they have "visitors" with dogs when they shouldn't...it is a "case" we are on! Mostly the pool operates at a steady, industry standard, temperature. Inevitably it may drop a bit (but not much...certainly no "ice" or penguins involved!) if it needs a top up or there is heavy rain! Entertainment-wise, sadly we had to make some changes this year as one of our longstanding acts wanted to take a break...We'll see what we can do for next year! Thanks again for sharing. Hope to see you again in 2017!

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

What a brilliant site staff are very friendly and very helpful gorgeous site bar in the barn has fantastic food daily I would highly recommend west fleet keep up with the good work Rocky myself and my partner will definitely be going back to West Fleet easy to get to Weymouth Portland and Bridport

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sue99898
SilentNights, Public Relations Manager at West Fleet Holiday Farm Campsite, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Thank you for your lovely comments. Really pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again soon.