“Short measures”

Marks and Spencer Cafe
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Which clown has come up with the idea of supplying two pats of butter to cover three slices of toast ? Two into three don't go. Surely cutting the amount of toast would have been better two slices instead of three it isn't rocket science

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Called in for a coffee yesterday. Went to get it and was informed in a very officious manner, by a young male staff member, that you have to pay first and then go and get it! So, Queued up and paid for him then to shout over that he would do it. Eventually got the coffee and sat down. No signs that I could see that told you what to do so they must assume that we are all mind readers. As coffees go it was nice, expensive for what it was, as is the rest of the stuff in what is a shop cafe. £5.00+ for a fish finger sandwich, £3.00+ for a slice of cake. You can get better and cheaper elsewhere. Not all the staff were with this attitude but it seemed that some thought that because they worked for M and S that they were superior to others. I have spoken to several other people about this attitude, and without exception, they have all had the same view. Staff training needs to be addressed, and quickly. I cannot say that I will go again as I prefer to go where customers are appreciated.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

My final ever visit to this cafe today. Walked into to a mass off trays of dirty dishes covering many tables. Not for the first time. Rude staff. Got snapped at by one. 2 staff serving and not another to be seen. No one wants to know when you complain. Im sorry but there are far supirior cafes than this so give it i miss

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Why do these big companies like Mark's & Spencer want to fleece their loyal customer base by continually reducing portion sizes in their cafe's and also still charging through the nose for their offerings. Every Sunday morning I visit their Wolstanton store to partake of their cafe society with friends. I'm actually on the verge of boycotting the food owing to the above reasons. Please M&S stop spoiling it for people like me.

1  Thank FJ T
Reviewed 3 March 2018

We attending the cafe today whilst out shopping to grab some food, I am lactose intolerant. when looking at the menu we asked if I was able to have the sausage sandwich without butter. The guy on the till informed us that they were prepacked with butter already on so this wasnt possible. I asked him what else they could do that I was able to eat? He went off to ask, to return somewhat 5 minutes later to say they could make the sausage sandwich fresh but wouldn't be able to put it through the till so wouldn't do it and that the only option I could have was a jacket potato. We left.
This is shocking to a) only have one option on the menu b) to be unable to put it through the till as a reason that they couldn't do it? and c) for somewhere with a high standard the staff were useless, this is shocking and needs to be sorted out!

1  Thank lucy1234605