“Returned for more!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2016

Last time we visited NuL we came here for dinner and the 3 of us decided a return visit was in order when returning my son back to university after Easter. This time we booked although there were still some tables available on Friday at 8pm. We enjoyed poppadums, starters, mains and 2 rice and 1 tikka naan between the 3 of us and total bill including 2pints beer and 2 large glasses of wine was £61 so very good value. Very tasty food in good sized portions and we were all very full by the end! Street parking outside but if no spaces there is also space in dry cleaners car park next door when they are shut.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

I visited Basmati restaurant a couple of nights ago with some friends for an informal get-together. The menu was extensive, with some more unusual choices such as an Afgan curry, but as it was my first visit, I decided to try the 4 course £9.95 banquet. I expected smaller portions due to the low cost but they were very generous! I had a complimentary popadom, onion bhajis, of which there were 4, chicken tikka masala and pilau rice, along with ice cream to finish. Everything I was served tasted great and what stood out was the freshness. The service was good, very friendly and accommodating, although a little slow but considering the restaurant was so busy, it's perfectly understandable. I would certainly go back, and maybe try something a little more adventurous!

Reviewed 21 March 2016

Basmati has a wide selection of choices on their dinner menu with something for everyone. Good food and large portions.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

We got the set menu, which was very good. The waiting staff were friendly and added non-standard items to the menu to accommodate us. Great value, too.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Walked in on the off chance of a table.Lots of tables free barman at the time told us all tables reserved so no availability all evening, not helpful at all or apologetic or even tried to sort a table

1  Thank kathryn12345238