“Excellent food, welcomed our toddler! ”
Review of Porto Restaurant

Porto Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$31
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere. Serving food all day with indoor and outdoor seating areas
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I was a little apprehensive about taking our two year old into the restaurant for an early bird menu at 5pm, but we were all welcomed. The lady who dealt with us was so attentive and even brought our daughter her own set of plastic cutlery! Our food was absolutely amazing, great presentation and wonderful quality, I was so happy to find a place like this we could eat at with our daughter. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a good quality dinner to book.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,019)

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We visited with elderly parents and staff were very friendly and attentive. £140 including wine and a beer for 2 courses for 4 people. Particularly recommend chicken lovers to start and monkfish scampi for mains. Pork rillette starter was ok but a bit sweet.
Overall though a lovely night in lovely restaurant. Thank you

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely evening with fabulous food, the lamb shank is delicious as well as the duck. Cheese board is very tasty. Fairly early expensive but nice for a treat. Surroundings are lovely and clean loo’s!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

My wife booked the table during a week’s holiday and without any prompting was asked if it was a special occasion. She told them it was my birthday and when we arrived our table was decorated which was a lovely touch. The meals for both the adults and children were excellent and good value and beautifully presented. After the meal we were brought a decorated birthday plate with fresh brownies and lots of chocolate sauce. Another really nice thought which was the icing on the cake (well brownie).

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We went here for a meal to celebrate my birthday over the weekend. The restaurant is lovely, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the food (and drinks) was AMAZING! I had the scallop starter and it was genuinely one of the best things I've ever eaten! I also had the monkfish scampi which was lovely. The waitresses brought me a complimentary 'Happy birthday' plate of chocolate, shortbread and fruit at the end of the night which was a very sweet gesture. I would recommend this place if you're in the area!