“Quite rude”

The Old Pump House Coffee Shop
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

We normally visit here on our trips to Bowness but when passing this time my 9 year old son needed the toilet so we popped in and asked if he could use it. We were told quite rudely that if we weren’t buying anything he wasn’t allowed. We were planning on eating there later in the afternoon but I don’t think we’ll bother going there again.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

Would have been a zero. Looked nice from outside but very poor service and food including an inedible bacon bap and luke warm soup.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 3 July 2021

My first sandwich order was wrong, 2nd attempt was served on moldy bread...3rd attempt was defrosted frozen bread that was hot and damp, with big finger marks in it and served on a hot plate, straight out the microwave. The texture of the chicken was so wrong, it was inedible.
It should not be this hard make a sandwich and being such a busy place, there's no excuse for not having fresh bread!! Staff were not the most friendly either. Avoid this place!

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank Lyndsey M
Reviewed 2 July 2021

If I could give zero stars I would. Visited today for a sandwich on a holiday day out, an allergen sign was up in the shop so gave us confidence they were on the ball. We asked for the allergen info for the rolls as my son has a severe food allergy and were told point blank ‘no’, we inquired further pointing out that legally they need to provide info and just received a despondent ‘no, I have none’. We pushed for more info but given nothing, asked to speak to the manager and told she was the manager! Laughable yet shocking, she may be the manager but if the owner reads this you need to re-staff! She then refused to give us her name, trading standards will be contacted and I’m sure will deal with it accordingly.

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank LauraB6975
Reviewed 23 June 2021 via mobile

A bit away from main town but very convenient for waterfront.
Simple food but excellent bacon sandwich.

Dog friendly (spoilt my dog with chicken treats)

Not the best (filter) coffee but for the price the cakes, drinks and buns were good value.

Date of visit: June 2021