“Nice change”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

I planned to visit here to try the only place I've seen that does a Mexican breakfast
,HUEVOS RANCHEROS.
This cafe does not allow dogs inside but was advised by a member of staff that I could sit outside no problem. To tell you the truth I'm surprised any cafe does allow dogs inside.
The staff here were friendly and attentive.
I would give the HUEVOS RANCHEROS 10 out of 10, I opted to have the chorizo sausage added which was lovely. You could also tell it had been freshly prepared. I ordered my favorite coffee that being plain black coffee. I always order plain coffee because you can tell the quality of the coffee when there's nothing added, yep coffee was nice.
I noticed another comment on TripAdvisor mentioning that they felt this place was pricy, well you get what you pay for and my meal was correctly priced.
I intend to go back to this cafe again and will look forward to this.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Having walked around a very busy Windermere, we stopped off here for a coffee and a bite to eat. Great choice of food, VERY reasonably prices and delicious. The tea room was full to bursting which says it all. It is hidden away at the side of the MacDonald Hotel - well worth seeking out.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Visited here on NYE at lunchtime, food was nice but some dishes were a little overpriced and pricing was inconsistent, the spicy chicken burger and chicken and chorizo burger were effectively identical, except the former was £9, the latter £6. Would visit again but choose more carefully to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Auntys kitchen is off the main road behind the church, its lovely and quiet, clean and wonderfully friendly. If you want a different menu all freshly prepared for you then you won't be disappointed we weren't! It was far better than the high street which was packed and lacked individuality. The kitchen is accessible, no steps and in the summer has seating out side, for those requiring a pit stop after drinks toilets are also easily accessible. Lovely friendly staff who have to say we're very welcoming.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

On our first visit to the Lake District and Bowness on Windermere we decided to stop and have lunch at this cafe. We were greeted warmly as soon as we arrived and were told about the days specials. We ordered a chuncky fish finger sandwich each and a pot of tea for two. Our sandwich was exceptional, chunky fish fingers served on a bed of rocket, placed in a toasted brioche bun and presented on a piece of slate. Delicious!

Thank you Ladies! Top notch customer service.