“Lovely”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely family lunch here last weekend, as we were passing through to visit family. The children enjoyed their bacon and Brie toasties, and we had the fish finger sandwich and a pulled pork bun. Really delicious and friendly helpful staff. Very good value. We will be back next time!

Reviewed 6 February 2017

Enticed inside by the witty blackboards outside and the promise of afternoon tea, we were not disappointed. We were offered some flexibility in the menu as the orders are freshly made. Afternoon tea was tasty with a lovely warmed scone, however a daintier cake offering would have gone down well, perhaps (much) smaller slices of two or three different cakes? Just to make you feel you are spoiling yourself a little more? I wouldn't order the Victoria sponge with the afternoon tea either (unless you want to of course) as the cream and jam for the scone is the same as that used on the cake.

The tea and coffee were good quality and sandwiches tasty. The service was attentive at times, although a couple of innocent reminders were needed in order for us to enjoy our lunch.

The one 'vegetarian' sandwich option on the menu contained fish...however there were other options on the rest of the menu and the cafe was able to change items to suit

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

I planned to visit here to try the only place I've seen that does a Mexican breakfast
,HUEVOS RANCHEROS.
This cafe does not allow dogs inside but was advised by a member of staff that I could sit outside no problem. To tell you the truth I'm surprised any cafe does allow dogs inside.
The staff here were friendly and attentive.
I would give the HUEVOS RANCHEROS 10 out of 10, I opted to have the chorizo sausage added which was lovely. You could also tell it had been freshly prepared. I ordered my favorite coffee that being plain black coffee. I always order plain coffee because you can tell the quality of the coffee when there's nothing added, yep coffee was nice.
I noticed another comment on TripAdvisor mentioning that they felt this place was pricy, well you get what you pay for and my meal was correctly priced.
I intend to go back to this cafe again and will look forward to this.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Having walked around a very busy Windermere, we stopped off here for a coffee and a bite to eat. Great choice of food, VERY reasonably prices and delicious. The tea room was full to bursting which says it all. It is hidden away at the side of the MacDonald Hotel - well worth seeking out.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Visited here on NYE at lunchtime, food was nice but some dishes were a little overpriced and pricing was inconsistent, the spicy chicken burger and chicken and chorizo burger were effectively identical, except the former was £9, the latter £6. Would visit again but choose more carefully to avoid disappointment.