Linthwaite House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$339
  • Breakfast included
US$292
  • Pool
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$322
US$213
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Dome House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$265
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$239
US$299
US$175
Dene House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
No availability for your dates from these sites
Virginia Cottage Guest House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
No availability for your dates from these sites
1,324 results
All reviewssauna and jacuzzibit datedbreakfast was buffet styleview of the lakeweekend breakleisure facilitiestea and coffeelovely viewcouldn't do enoughfull englishlakes
Reviewed 23 February 2018

I bought a voucher on Groupon for Afternoon Tea with a glass of Prosecco as a birthday treat. We were a group of 4 and quite enjoyed ourselves. The small selection of sandwiches and treats were good and we especially liked the spring rolls. The staff were very nice and helpful. I would recommend if you can get the voucher from Groupon. I'm not sure we'd pay full price for the same in future but definitely worth a try.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Jodi M, Managing Director at The Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear michelle1502

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit for afternoon tea and thank you for sharing your experience. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Stunning views from our room, beautiful room, reception staff extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. The facilities good and the food beautiful, just a larger choice would be nice. Overall fantastic stay and break away for me and my partner.

Dear Sarah W

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Hydro and for the kind review. I was great to hear that you received a warm welcome on arrival and that you were well looked after by our friendly team during your stay. Thank you for mentioning the quality of the food served and our stunning location. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Very friendly reception staff. Very efficient. Clean reception area. Large bedroom with 2 windows with views of the lake and mountains. Bed very comfortable. Bathroom clean with bath and shower. Slightly old fashioned but very clean.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear gillcooke1

Thank you for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in one of our lake view rooms and that you found our staff friendly and efficient during your stay. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

I liked the location View was very nice is the swimming pool and Jacuzzi lovely and clean bedroom was a bit cold in the evening asked for the heater and never got it yes I would go back if you could sort out heating problems

Dear Debbie & John

Thank you for your lovely review. I was delighted to read that you liked our location with lovely lake views and that you enjoyed using the swimming pool and Jacuzzi. I am sorry that there was a problem with the heating in your room and that a heater was not provided for you. I will investigate this situation.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Brilliant location for hotel. Barman was fab. But a shame no staff were on bar both nights we can back. Food was good. Hot food kept running out at breakfast. First room was horrid but we were moved easily.

Dear X582LDjoanneb

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that there was no one to serve you at the bar in the evening, I will look into why this happened.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.