“Fabulous dinner”

Price range: US$46 - US$60
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Linthwaite House Hotel restaurant overlooking Lake Windermere in the sublime Lake District is a very special place indeed. With views that would have thrilled Wordsworth, Linthwaite House Hotel has chosen luxurious, tasteful interiors to please even the most jaded urbanite and the kitchen, under chef Simon Bolsover, is daring and modern too. Fresh, local ingredients conspire in a signature dish like 60 Degree Herdwick Lamb with braised neck kataifi, cep and kidney risotto. Choose from light lunch menu on the terrace, daily changing table d’hote menu or simpler a la carte in the elegant dining room, with its vast mirror collection, in the evenings, vegetarian menu, or trad Sunday lunch, all accompanied by a blistering global wine list.
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Service was excellent and without fault. The lounge and restaurant had a lovely warm atmosphere. The food was superb (although portions a little small, even for such high end dining).

My partner and I both had the scallop which was the best I've ever eaten. The beef main was delicious. My partner thoroughly enjoyed the turbot, but considering it was a main course and the price per head of the meal the amount of fish could have been higher.

All in all a thoroughly delicious and enjoyable meal. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Me and my family came here for Sunday lunch, we booked on the same day so we were extremely happy to be able to get a table.

Service from the start was brilliant, we had 1 6year old with us and a 1 year old. They were very accommodating and even provided some paper and colouring pencils.

Food was excellent. Set menu for £29.
I couldn't fault and if the courses, loved each one.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

While staying in Windermere, we decided to examine options for fine dining. Linthwaite came recommended. We were excited as we had never eaten there before, and this establishment was part of the Leeu group of hotels.
Linthwaite does not disappoint at all. The atmosphere, the service, and the incredible presentation of each dish adds up to an experience you will not easily forget.
I look forward to the next time I'll be there.
You should note that there is only the fixed price menu - no a-la-carte options are provided.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

This has to be one of the top places we have stayed. It's not pretentious or stuff, it is relaxing, comfortable and clean.
The staff throughout are ever helpful and seem to have all the time in the world especially for you. Dinner.. what can I add to other comments. The chef and his staff certainly know what they are doing, it was fabulous. The portions are not huge so you finish your meal well fed but not wanting more. If you like your wines then you are in for another treat, at not unreasonable prices either. Well done to everyone, we had a great 4 days

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

My husband is quite the foodie and I wanted somewhere to take his breath away.. As he's seen almost everything when it comes to food..

Linthwaite House did not disappoint. With a cosy classy atmosphere..
Flawless staff and quite easily the most special food I or my husband had ever eaten, it served as a highly romantic setting for an Amazon evening.

Thankyou for everything and we shall be returning with friends also.