US$58
US$66
US$67
US$53
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$59/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$57
US$65
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
The Brocket Arms Hotel(Wigan)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$48
Agoda.com
US$60
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

The owners need to look at what the competition is serving. We booked this as a birthday celebration.
The whole afternoon experience was pathetic from the food side. Tiny sandwich selection, just bigger than a 'Ritz' cracker. Three per person, you had to search for the Tuna, as that is what it was described as. The cakes were no better, one inch squares and a lots of pastry. If these are made in house, I would be discussed as a chef to present these.
Don't waste your time and money.
The only heating was the open fire. As we were the only clients, they sat us next to it, any further and you would be keeping your coat on.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank PeterVistas
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

My sister and I decided to pay for my other sister a stay at this hotel for her birthday with her partner. I went to the hotel and paid £220 for bed and breakfast, I was given a voucher which we then gave to my sister. A few weeks ago I went back to the hotel with my sister so she could book her stay, we spoke to a woman who wrote the date down on a bit of paper in the bar, she asked if they would want an evening meal and my sister said yes. I checked how to get to the car park in front of the hotel as the car park we were in you had to pay for. Then we asked if there was anything else we needed to do she said no it’s all sorted now.
Last night my sister and her partner drove up to the hotel looking forward to their stay and their evening meal which was to be their valentine dinner. Only to find everywhere was shut they tried knocking and ringing the hotel but got no reply. So my daughter rang contessa and they got a lady called Sara to call us back. She confirmed the hotel was shut, she offered to open it up and do an evening meal but by this time my sister was freezing cold and had left to try and find somewhere else to stay. Sara said she would call back in the morning around 9.00 am.
Next morning no phone call, so I rang Sara who said she’d e mailed my sisters partner back, which really doesn’t explain why there was no call. She then started to ask questions about who took the booking, what did she look like, if there was an event on, what day it was and although I’m sure she didn’t mean too I felt like I wasn’t believed. We went to see Sara who was really polite and said that the other girl doesn’t remember any booking, no surprise there. But obviously we do remember the booking and certainly wouldn’t have turned up having not made a booking.
I feel upset and angry as what should have been a lovely birthday present turned into my sister being out in the cold with no meal and no where to stay. We got our money back, well it’s not in my bank yet but we’ll see, all I can say is I think it’s very unprofessional and disgusting they travelled from Cambridge about a four hour journey for this and no compensation was offered at all. Disappointed is an understatement. I love the grounds of haigh hall and was considering it as a wedding venue for my daughter, both my sisters married here but after this I’m sorry to say it won’t be happening!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Julinka30
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

On arrival we was greeted and asked to sit near the fire which was pleasant. When we received the wine in glasses they were blatantly cheap! When we was asked to go into the restaurant we had rolls served with Tomato which you cut yourself (which happened to be the best part of the meal) and then to receive a warm starter??? That turned out to be cold......at the same time we were sat in a restaurant that was freezing cold as well. Warm prawns? Cold!!! Before the main we asked to be moved nearer to the fire as we were so cold which was fine as only 2 other people were there. We got served again 2 meals which a microwave meal from a supermarket would have looked more appealing. Again just slightly warm and one had literally ‘A’ mushroom in it bearing in mind it was a mushroom dish and the other one looked like tinned tuna, tinned tomato and some spaghetti. I then realised the local chippy would have been a better option!!! We declined dessert and coffee and asked for the bill. We mentioned our concerns to be advised they test the temperature of the meal when they leave the kitchen (so crossing the corridor it looses its heat in seconds) and also the hotel is old and the heating is not enough to make it warm enough. We also spent most of the meal blowing the fire to get the flames going to keep it alight to try and keep warm when eating. Such a shame as they have the right ideas just it is not working yet. Sad to say was considering this as a wedding venue and that experience has put us right off that idea.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Antzrhys
Reviewed 31 January 2018

The bands we saw were amazing, so for entertainment - just brilliant. However the bar prices were ridiculous! How have they come up with these prices? £9.00 for a pint of lager and £6.00 for a glass of wine! Well, the beer is even dearer than it is in London. It was just unbelievable! And the furnishings in the bar area - some kind of cheap sixties' kitch that belonged in a loft apartment in London Docklands. As a Wiganer, who loves Haigh Hall with a passion, whatever happened to 'restoring the hall to its former glory'?

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank 600shelley123
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Function last night - 3 glasses of lager and a glass of cheap wine (They didn't even have the correct glasses) £21.00
There was food on - no vegetarian option.
Found way in to complex - walked a long way to hotel. Then told that I would have to go back and move car to avoid a £75.00 charge to open car-park barrier after 8.00

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends