“3rd time is not a charm!”
Review of The White Lion

The White Lion
Ranked #12 of 440 Restaurants in Wigan
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The white Lion is a country pub and restaurant with traditional home cooked dishes. We have a lovely beer garden. Great Quiz night on a Tuesday. And a large selection of real ales.
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Been here 3 times now x2 with the kids x1 as a couple the food is excellent quality very tasty the staff are really friendly and helpful always better to book I would say. Not sure if we will go again simply due to the fact the 3rd time we went as a couple for my husband's birthday (managed to get a babysitter) myself and my husband were made to feel really uncomftable! Not nice at all. We finished our meals and decided to go round to the bar for a drink. We felt like we were being watched and spoke about as if we wasn't going to pay. Which made us feel stupid the bill was only 20 odd quid because yes I paid! My husband went outside after I paid and I went to the toilet and a member of staff followed him outside. Made us feel even more stupid! Looked at the receipt in his hand and went back in. Coincidence I think not.

So thanks for judging us. Nice food though. Most of the young ones that work there are really nice especially the young lad on the restaurant side.

I was telling someone about what had happened making a joke of it saying we must look like we can't afford to pay when he replied no it's happens to my granddaughter they made her feel the same so we all stopped going after years of eating and meeting up there.

So thumbs up

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I have lost count of the number of times I have dined here, on business, with family and or friends but I thought I’d finally do a review.

As usual, I’m this place never fails to offer a great and polite service and excellent food.
I can highly recommend the ‘Matts Breakfast’ at breakfast time... wow! The gammon is amazing for dinner..
today we had lunch, second time I’ve had the steak baguette.. highly recommended. I tried the tuna melt and that is excellent too.
Something that you cannot beat here is the chips. They’re home made and unbelievable!
This place is worth travelling to!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I have heard so many good things about this place so we finally tried it and wot can I say it was amazing the place was busy but not to busy the menu is extensive plenty of choice to suit all tastes the portion sizes were wonderful couldn't have been better we will be over for breakfast at some point as this also has good reviews many thanks for wonderful food.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

One of my best restaurants, with a varied menu, excellent food and courteous staff. Visit at least twice a month and have never had a bad experience - consistently good. The owners hold regular events throughout the year which makes for a wonderful local pub... Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Up in NW with wife needed a lunch break and called in on spec. Busy which was promising, clean, tidy, looked organised. Shown to table, good choice of menus, drink order taken, I had a pint of Jennings bitter, there was a good selection of ales.
We had the whitebait, and steak & ale pie. This was a desperate dan pie, all meat, hot, tasty and good portions. The other meals that came out were equally appetising couldn't manage a sweet. Proper pub grub, but with a touch of class. Give it a go you will be impressed